Hunter Dekkers Commits

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Park was no longer on the team for the Texas game last year. Purdy started it and the O-line was the Swiss cheese version of themselves.
Oh I guess I was confused with "last year" meaning this past season. I thought we were talking about the Texas game in '17. I guess I could see why people might've been upset at CMC but idk. A lot of external things in the game last season. Playing @ Texas when they were almost in a must win scenario and we don't have our all-american RB the entire first half is a tough scenario. I think it was a learning moment for the team and coaching staff.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU also got their QB in June of 18.
Dekkers is a guy that has kind of come onto the scene late. I'm sure if Dekker's would've waited longer to make a decision Iowa might've thrown their name into the ring.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Oh I guess I was confused with "last year" meaning this past season. I thought we were talking about the Texas game in '17. I guess I could see why people might've been upset at CMC but idk. A lot of external things in the game last season. Playing @ Texas when they were almost in a must win scenario and we don't have our all-american RB the entire first half is a tough scenario. I think it was a learning moment for the team and coaching staff.

I think the win over OU the next time out made people pretty darn happy with Campbell the rest of the season that year.

Last season, after @UT we plays K-State (needed the best quarter of the year to win) and Drake (slop fest).

• Disagree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: zmjames6 and STLISU

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think the win over OU the next time out made people pretty darn happy with Campbell the rest of the season that year.

Last season, after @UT we plays K-State (needed the best quarter of the year to win) and Drake (slop fest).
The first 3 quarters of the K-State game were definitely tough to watch. I thought it was a little bit of a hangover from the Texas game, but that 4th Q was some impressive football and the team showed fight. The Drake game was so sloppy, weird, not fun, etc, that I've erased it from my mind. We played pretty darn good football in the bowl game against a high quality opponent and came up short in the final game of the year. That left a good taste in my mouth in regards to this upcoming season.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
My source suggests that Chubba wanted to come here and is upset he didn't get the offer. Brock will be transferring in solidarity. It's all over.
I think your source is misinformed. I've got an inside inside source that said Brock is so mad that he is staying on the team just to sabotage the whole season.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Could be, situation is rapidly developing. Lots of ins, lots of outs. Lots of what have yous.

wXy9n.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I honestly think that if we're in the same boat as we were last year in regards to being in the running for the conference championship game in November, people have no right to be upset.

You're not wrong...I think some will find a way to get weird with it though.

Should have a poll...will anyone post something about 'shoulda kept CPR' if things don't go well? :)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're not wrong...I think some will find a way to get weird with it though.

Should have a poll...will anyone post something about 'shoulda kept CPR' if things don't go well? :)
I certainly hope no one would say that.. I also don't think we're going to be sitting with 3 wins to end the season.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
The latest from Kujoman over on Hokey Pokey forum:

I heard from a tight source to ISU this is not playing well. Including not offering Brock’s brother who said don’t bother. Campbell with a class that will end up in the late 40’s is lying to kids. Hence while he will be gone in a year.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I heard from a tight source to ISU this is not playing well. Including not offering Brock’s brother who said don’t bother. Campbell with a class that will end up in the late 40’s is lying to kids. Hence while he will be gone in a year.

Who ******* cares what they think?

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

He's either a real headcase or knows that CF members are reading his garbage and he's doing the troll-from-a-distance thing.

I'm going with "yes".

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

Poor Brad, he really needs to seek professional help. It's sad that cytwins is in his head so deep.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Like I said people close to him are concerned. It takes a special type of person to lie on a message board just to feel better about yourself

• Funny
Reactions: SolarGarlic

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Park was no longer on the team for the Texas game last year. Purdy started it and the O-line was the Swiss cheese version of themselves.

And we didn't have DM32 for the first half, I don't know if people remember that.

• Agree
Reactions: mdk2isu

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Tavern hoks in NW Iowa see the most talented kid to come out of that area in many years and he's not offer by the school they only know about on TV. One was even overheard from his bar stool saying "Don't know how the hoks wouldn't want this stud. How many of our kids go to that elite camp. I guess times are a changin."

Reactions: GT25Ump

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Tavern hoks in NW Iowa see the most talented kid to come out of that area in many years and he's not offer by the school they only know about on TV. One was even overheard from his bar stool saying "Don't know how the hoks wouldn't want this stud. How many of our kids go to that elite camp. I guess times are a changin."

They were taking one QB and already had a kid offered and committed. Not sure what people don't get about that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I certainly hope no one would say that.. I also don't think we're going to be sitting with 3 wins to end the season.

I think it was in 2017 and at some point the 'CPR just needed one more year' talk came up after the rough start.

Then the win in Norman happened.