Huggins commentary video links

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Rex was on last night with huggy, it wasn’t good.
Holy cow, I totally miss typed that. Rex is awful. I meant to say Huggy would be ok if he was paired with quality people. Not Rex. I am editing my post now. That makes me look like an idiot.

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
You know, that's a really good point. He probably wouldn't even acknowledge that it happened because in his mind it doesn't matter. Just focus on winning and forget what happened in the first half.

WVU had one of the more famous injuries to a player when Da'Sean Butler tore up his knee vs. Duke in the Final Four. They were way outmatched and down by about 8-10 most of the game, but it got away from them quick after he went down. Sucked to see happen in such a high profile game.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I like listening to Huggins for the same reason I like listening to Barkley. I may not always agree with them, but they say what they really think even though it may not be politically correct. That said, Huggins was abysmal in the studio panel. Doubt very much he'll be asked back.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I like listening to Huggins for the same reason I like listening to Barkley. I may not always agree with them, but they say what they really think even though it may not be politically correct. That said, Huggins was abysmal in the studio panel. Doubt very much he'll be asked back.

I wish they'd go back to the NBA crew doing the studio show. Those guys were at least entertaining. And you knew Chuck would say what he thought.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Thought it strange that they let Huggy wear his WVU stuff. Although maybe they didn't, and Huggy just gonna Huggy

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That's why I like him so much. He's such a thumb in the eye of everything that status quo.
You're probably right. I changed my opinion of him a little. I know his players seem to love him.

I just don't really like his style of BB very much. And I don't like WV brand BB which is Huggins' trait.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If they are going to have Huggins and Rex being all boring and not wanting to really be there. They are not adding any insight to the game. So go get Mike Leach. Allow him to just make random comments about stuff. It would be entertaining.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Did you hear Huggins after the TCU game? They asked him, "Do you think Arizona fouled there?" They were referring to the body check at half court that made TCU lose the ball with a few seconds left instead of taking the potentially game winning shot? Once again, he went against the studio narrative of pumping #1 Arizona, and said simpy, "Looked like a foul to me." Mic drop. Awkward pause.

Essentially, he said that the opportunity to win the game was stolen from TCU by the refs no-call, even though everyone else was singing Arizona's praises.
I did like how he was antithesis of the other three. That was refreshing. And he stood up for ISU, had good things to say about TJ, his coaching and his changing up the defensive schemes during a game.

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
After all the panel talk about Wisky losing their point guard and backhanded compliments about ISU, had to smile when Huggins used the old "not taking anything away from Wisconsin, but..."

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Am I the only one who gets ticked off when the pxp and color people don’t even stop their incessant yammering to tell you who the foul was called on or if a jump or how many fouls a player has when called for a foul? Isn’t that the pxp persons job? Seems like we always get two color commentators now.

Help Support Us

Become a patron