Huggins commentary video links

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
That crew was brutal, are they retired now that it's down to 16?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I actually thought he was great. Insightful and no hype BS. But I hate fake people so maybe it’s a me thing.
I had mixed feelings. Yes, he's a no BS, tell it like it is guy. Yet on the other hand, I enjoyed listening to Frank Martin much more than Huggs.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He was comp;imentary of Iowa State. After the game, Seth Davis was making all kind of excuses for Wisconsin and Huggy just said we played better and deserved to win. Plain and simple.
If anyone can appreciate making a game of basketball look like an exercise in pulling teeth, it's Huggy. We looked like West Virginia out there (absent the obvious fouling).

Reactions: RezClone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Huggins was so bad. My favorite was when he said “some days some players will have better days than others.”

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Huggins was so bad. My favorite was when he said “some days some players will have better days than others.”

Which is why I don't often listen to the studio talking heads it is why the remote has a mute. Last time I learned something or heard something profound from a studio head? Guess you could say pretty low probability if I mute but I did catch a tiny bit of the post game and the Huggy input before I switched back to the WBB game.

Actually, the "some days some players will have better days than others" could just be our post game summary. Game one, Hunter, Game two Gabe. :rolleyes: Game three, Brockington time?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s just funny to me they hired Huggs. Of course, he was going to be like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I actually thought he was great. Insightful and no hype BS. But I hate fake people so maybe it’s a me thing.

I don't need someone who's jacked up on energy drinks and overexcited. Just an occasional variety in tone would be nice, rather than sounding like Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
But, he was spot on with ISU/WI game too.

Of course he was. We need more coaches or people with detailed knowledge of the game to analyze these games instead of people like Seth Davis who think WI is a better program than ISU so they should always win. Or ISU wasn’t any good last year so they shouldn’t be good this year. Huggy Bear is actually in the trenches and sees so much more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron