HOOPS PREVIEW: Analyzing ISU/Oregon State

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
No mention that Oregon State's coach during that home/home series about a decade ago was Craig Robinson, Michelle Obama's older brother?

Self-amendment -- he was during the return game in Hilton, but I do not think he was for the first one when the team made its way out to Corvallis.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Yeah, last I heard it was just cramping and they kept him out just as a precaution.

Exactly. I saw them stretching it out on the sidelines and no one mentioned anything more about it. Should have known I guess when he didn't come back in.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Exactly. I saw them stretching it out on the sidelines and no one mentioned anything more about it. Should have known I guess when he didn't come back in.

It was good to give Jackson and Grill some more time, but Bolton obviously needs as much time as he can to ingratiate himself with the lineup. Everybody does.

upload_2019-11-8_18-22-4.png

41% win expectation, "supposed" to lose by 2 right now

It should be a close, good game. I hope we can make it count those last few possessions. I hope it is not arrogant to say that we should have the best player on the court most games this season if Tyrese is who we hope that he is this year.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It was good to give Jackson and Grill some more time, but Bolton obviously needs as much time as he can to ingratiate himself with the lineup. Everybody does.

View attachment 68420

It should be a close, good game. I hope we can make it count those last few possessions. I hope it is not arrogant to say that we should have the best player on the court most games this season if Tyrese is who we hope that he is this year.
Tres Tinkle is pretty good too - and more experienced.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames

View attachment 68420

No doubt about Tyrese, I think we need him to look to score more this year. And time will tell about the younger players but I said this not long after Grill became a Cyclone, he is going to be awfully good before he leaves. Just reminds me of a Hornacek or Kirk Hinrich type player. Go Cyclones.

Reactions: isu83

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Might want to adjust your intro... 3 of the last 4 years, Iowa State has played a P5 team in one of the 1st 2 games (Missouri twice and Colorado)...

Exception was '16-17.

For quite some time prior to that, having multiple non-p5's was the norm, though, so if "usually" extends the full decade, I suppose it's accurate.

Related: In 2010-11, ISU had eight games before facing a power 5.