Hey @buf, where are

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
2x placer @ 113 in Iowa.

Scroll down here for more detailed info. It looks like he's a refugee from Africa

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Sounds like Rojas is in Okoboji hanging with Carr. A bunch of guys from the Big Game club showed up and going to be spending time at the Iowa State camp in Okoboji/Spirit Lake. A few other studs there also.

The team and recruits should have a lot of fun in Okoboji this week with 85-90 degree temps.
Better get the sunscreen out!!!

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Dresser has been working his butt off to try and get a way for these recruits to bond with the Iowa State team. Not a much better place than Okoboji to do that!!!
This is why you are paid the big bucks

Reactions: buf87

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Almost bought one there during the $7 corn years.
Or as most people call it, last Wednesday. Farmers like @buf87 are drunk with money right now and the donations he is making to the CRTC are eye popping.
Way to go Buf, much appreciated by all of us worker bees who love ISU wrestling

Reactions: wrestlingmom

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Haven't posted on here for quite awhile. I get where people didn't like Crabs post, but... he isn't really wrong in my mind.

Look at recruiting and then look at standings..there is usually a really good correlation between the two. Dresser and company have definitely moved the needle since taking over but with our recruiting, i think our future looks a lot like who we are currently..a mid teens team nationally.

Manny is a huge pickup and I really like Casey too! But getting 1 top 20-ish type guy every 3-4 years isn't going to get us back into the top 5 range. Easier said than done, but Dresser really needs an ace recruiter on staff.

And at the end of the day, it all depends on what you want your team to look like. Dresser has built (and looks to be continuing to build) solid dual teams but a team that will only reach mid teens for national tourney. A majority of you team being 1-2 0r 2-2 types guys doesn't score you many points.

Again, I like our staff (for the most part), and I'm not trying to be negative, this is just the reality of where we are.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Fishing has been good there this winter & Spring. The lake is really low. We need water or I might have to start trailering the boat every time I want to use it. My lift is as low as it goes.
What side you on? We almost bought on the south since we had friends there. Big hawkeye wrestling fans on the north that I know.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
What side you on? We almost bought on the south since we had friends there. Big hawkeye wrestling fans on the north that I know.
We are on the north side. A marsh is on the north side of the road & we are lake side on the south side of that road

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Haven't posted on here for quite awhile. I get where people didn't like Crabs post, but... he isn't really wrong in my mind.

Look at recruiting and then look at standings..there is usually a really good correlation between the two. Dresser and company have definitely moved the needle since taking over but with our recruiting, i think our future looks a lot like who we are currently..a mid teens team nationally.

Manny is a huge pickup and I really like Casey too! But getting 1 top 20-ish type guy every 3-4 years isn't going to get us back into the top 5 range. Easier said than done, but Dresser really needs an ace recruiter on staff.

And at the end of the day, it all depends on what you want your team to look like. Dresser has built (and looks to be continuing to build) solid dual teams but a team that will only reach mid teens for national tourney. A majority of you team being 1-2 0r 2-2 types guys doesn't score you many points.

Again, I like our staff (for the most part), and I'm not trying to be negative, this is just the reality of where we are.
Well how many years have you been coaching?

• Haha
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron