Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
Open up the pocketbook and get a big name. Do not take a step backwards with a off the cuff hire. By the way Chizik is paying the firt $750, 000 of the new coaches contract! Go big or go home!

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Open up the pocketbook and get a big name. Do not take a step backwards with a off the cuff hire. By the way Chizik is paying the firt $750, 000 of the new coaches contract! Go big or go home!

and make the buyout larger so we can use a pyramid scheme to hire our next coach.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Next buy-out clause should be equal to 1-2 times his annual salary. Put some teeth into it. There is always buy-out clauses which favor the coach during poor performance.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
I think any coach that truly wants to be at ISU, even if for 4 - 5 years will be an upgrade over that guy that was our last coach.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Coach Walden said tonight Kelly turned down Washington. He ain't coming to Ames.

Walden also said tonight that he turned down over a dozen job offers while coaching at Iowa State, but wouldn't name a single one.
I don't believe much of what he says anymore...call Kelly!

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
Next buy-out clause should be equal to 1-2 times his annual salary. Put some teeth into it. There is always buy-out clauses which favor the coach during poor performance.

Doesn't it work both ways, if Iowa State end up letting go of the coach, they have to pay the buyout clause ?

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Doesn't it work both ways, if Iowa State end up letting go of the coach, they have to pay the buyout clause ?

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that both sides had a seperate clause and that the amounts were different... Perhaps I was wrong?

Either way, we need a guy who can right the ship and many of us think that it's 3-5 years. We won't fire the next guy earlier than that unless there's some kind of scandal (which I'm sure there won't be).

cyfanman

Feb 7, 2008
SW Iowa, Glenwood
Two Words "Turner Gill"

Ive got two words for ya to think about for head coach

"TURNER GILL" :notworthy:

He played in the big 12
His wife is from the Midwest
He has a passion for the game
He turned around a very bad Buffalo team
He can recruit the right players
He has all the right stuff needed

This is who we should get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that both sides had a seperate clause and that the amounts were different... Perhaps I was wrong?

Either way, we need a guy who can right the ship and many of us think that it's 3-5 years. We won't fire the next guy earlier than that unless there's some kind of scandal (which I'm sure there won't be).

With our luck, I won't bet against it.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Re: Two Words "Turner Gill"

Wait. Turner Gill? Who is Turner Gill? I've never heard of the guy until right now. Thanks. :dull:

cyclones357

Dec 12, 2008
Iowa
Re: Two Words "Turner Gill"

Turner Gill is the Buffalo head coach. They had a horrable program until he came along and turned them in the right direction. He is also one of the few African American coaches left in Division 1 football. He would be a great fit for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron