HBO's Silicon Valley

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Haven't watched last night's episode, but I'm starting to only enjoy Jared. Richard's social awkwardness is almost too much to watch. I know that it's probably accurate, but it seems like it gets worse every episode. I'll keep watching, but it's pretty stale at this point.

• Disagree
Reactions: TXCyclones

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Dinesh: There is a mode above Ludicrous mode, am I correct?
Tesla saleswoman: Yes, it’s called Plaid.

Perhaps the best line in the entire series to this date.

L

LincolnWay187

I didn't like last night's episode, very rare for the show for me

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Dinesh: There is a mode above Ludicrous mode, am I correct?
Tesla saleswoman: Yes, it’s called Plaid.

Perhaps the best line in the entire series to this date.
Yeah, that was great. A nice nod to Spaceballs.

Other than that, it was mostly a pretty boring and relatively un-funny episode. More of a setup episode for things to come than anything else.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299 and srjclone

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I’ve switched to Billions on Showtime as my must watch on Sunday nights. This show is losing me. It’s to the point where I’ll just watch it off the DVR at some point during the week.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Most unbelievably hilarious line by Jared this season. His whole backstory is outrageous and the male prostitute angle is just another layer to that man hahaha

The best part about that line was that it was delivered perfectly. Offhand remark that everyone just takes a minor reaction to and then back to the main conversation.

• Winner
Reactions: srjclone

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I totally agree, I kind of pumped my fist at the end of that episode, it was great to see Richard play and win in a big stakes game. The assistant being broken by Jared was pretty funny as well lol

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Gavin is finally bested. I don't see him coming back from this one. I knew Richard was stalling at the end there, but wasn't sure how it would all play out.

idk why I found the creator of K-Hole's story so funny this week. His girlfriend says that he was really torn up about what richard said to him and that he was going to drive up into the mountains without his phone for a few days had a real suicidal vibe to it. Only to get there and it is essentially a bunch of hippies and him in his giant RV playing video games and feasting on junk food.

Dineshs' line of "Why would people who aren't refugees choose to come here and live like refugees? You know that not, like a desirable thing right? Living like a refugee?"

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Is a sixth season a done deal? I don't know how much more story there is to tell now that they've finally made it. If this was it for the series I'd be ok with it. It was satisfying to see them finally succeed. I'll admit, I was convinced that the usual setback was about to happen right up until the end when Gilfoyle sent out the patch. I was expecting the patch to fail or some horrible unintendended consequence to occur.

It wasn't really a line, but Big Head stepping all over the big dramatic discovery scene by refilling his Big Gulp was hilarious and to me was probably the funniest moment of the episode.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Is a sixth season a done deal? I don't know how much more story there is to tell now that they've finally made it. If this was it for the series I'd be ok with it. It was satisfying to see them finally succeed. I'll admit, I was convinced that the usual setback was about to happen right up until the end when Gilfoyle sent out the patch. I was expecting the patch to fail or some horrible unintendended consequence to occur.

It wasn't really a line, but Big Head stepping all over the big dramatic discovery scene by refilling his Big Gulp was hilarious and to me was probably the funniest moment of the episode.

Yes, there will be a Season 6. There is also discussion of a Season 7.

Not sure how much further the story can go, but I would watch anything with Gilfoyle, Dinesh and Jared. Occasional Big Head and Jian Yang is great also.

Would like to see them really hit it huge.

• Agree

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Yes, there will be a Season 6. There is also discussion of a Season 7.

Not sure how much further the story can go, but I would watch anything with Gilfoyle, Dinesh and Jared. Occasional Big Head and Jian Yang is great also.

Would like to see them really hit it huge.

Jian Yang saying he wants to come home after going broke gambling was the obvious write-in for next season. I was a bit surprised to see them tease the crypto aspect in this episode only to not really be used except as a marker for how well the network was being adopted. So it'll be interesting to see if they do anything with that. I still enjoy the series but the short season made this one feel lacking by comparison to prior seasons.

• Agree

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
That season was way too short but they finally came out on the good side of a deal.

Also Jared spin off immediately please.

L

LincolnWay187

I've seen too many good shows dragged out too long and kind of ruining it. Hopefully one more season and that's it. Let's see how richard handles being a billonaire

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Jian Yang saying he wants to come home after going broke gambling was the obvious write-in for next season. I was a bit surprised to see them tease the crypto aspect in this episode only to not really be used except as a marker for how well the network was being adopted. So it'll be interesting to see if they do anything with that. I still enjoy the series but the short season made this one feel lacking by comparison to prior seasons.

Jian Yang is easily my favorite part of the show and I actually like this season as much as any since the first season probably because of that.

When he quietly erased "New Pied Piper" off his marker board and at the end of last season when he aggressively facilitated Bachman leaving the country were some of my favorites. I've become a big fan of that Jimmy O Yang's standup on Youtube as well.

To me it's an even trade if Miller being gone means more screen time for Jian Yang.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Im all aboard there being a show based on Jared, the writing for that character is amazing, its super dry stuff that you have to almost watch a second time to go did he really say what I thought he said?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron