Have you ever had a UFO/UAP experience?

Have you had a UFO/UAP

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Once. In the late 90’s. Camping in Scott Co Park. Light way up in the sky. Moved very deliberately in multiple directions and various speeds then disappeared. Wasn’t planes or satellites. Or meteorites. Seen plenty of those. Buddy and I saw it. Looked at each other like what the hell was that? No idea what it was.

My mom told me a story once of her and a friend sitting on their front porch in the 60’s when they were kids in eastern iowa. Something came down from the sky. Small, shape of a barbell. Stopped then flew quickly down the street. Didn’t make any sort of noise.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Had a friend who was big into the UFO community. Hung out with a guy known as the summoner.

I've only seen a couple of things. An orb over the highway that moved very quickly from a dead stop. Think I saw Skylab back in the 70s.

After Close Encounters I'm pretty much out on wanting alien contact. That goddam horror movie

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Had a friend who was big into the UFO community. Hung out with a guy known as the summoner.

I've only seen a couple of things. An orb over the highway that moved very quickly from a dead stop. Think I saw Skylab back in the 70s.

After Close Encounters I'm pretty much out on wanting alien contact. That goddam horror movie
Approximately 15 billion years of universe. They're likely already gone or multi-dimensional so communication or understanding isn't really possible.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
How do they explain fossils? Hell they burn fossil fuels.
Creation in '6 days' is most likely not literal. The Bible was was written a long time ago, imagine the comprehension folks had back then. Things had to be put into terms people could understand. In the Bible it says that a day is like a 1,000 years to God. At that time that just meant a really long time. You know how we say not in a million years? Similar to that. 6 days was to allow comprehension for the masses. 'Day 1' could have lasted MILLIONS of years! When it says God created the Heavens and the Earth.... that's the universe.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I saw some person staring at this SpaceX visual outside in the middle of the street asking out loud "Is this the end?". Couldn't tell if they were serious or not but it was so hilarious. It was visible to much of so cal.
SpaceXLaunch_Bobchin_960.jpg
One big money shot!!

• Wow
Reactions: twojman

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I have a Fox Mulder “I want to believe” poster in my office but alas no experience.
Same. I also have thousands of long exposure wide angle shot of the night sky in dark, rural locations in search of the elusive fireball meteor or whatever happens the light the frame. Among all of those there are a couple head-scratching anomalies, but I certainly wouldn't jump to "ALIENS!" as the explanation.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
Not trying to hate here, but why do people create polls that don't have a "no vote" as an option. It absolutely skews results as people who simply want to see what the stats are randomly choose an option.

Mar 21, 2021
Both these cases are classics and hard to say what was really seen other than something "Alien."

I wasn't a fan of the ridiculous traffic it created but that air and water show in Chicago really gives a sense of the scale of some of those aircraft and ships. I remember some sort of gigantic military helicopter going over my apartment in Lincoln Park and feeling it had Close Encounters level giant size to it.
I'll never forget the time circa 1990 or so, I was at the lakeshore for the air show, and the jets came as if from out of nowhere bursting out of the downtown skyscrapers. One **** of a shock.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Saw a blue orb floating over Altoona from I-80 on a winter night about ten years ago. About 50 yards off the ground.

Back in 2004, I had just parked my car across from Hilton on my way to pep band warmup before a basketball game. After I got out of the car I tilted my head back to finish a can of Coke. As I looked skyward, I saw an orange-red light; right below the cloud line approaching from the west behind me. As soon as it was right above me, it instantly “corkscrewed” straight up out of sight.

• Wow
Reactions: StClone and aauummm

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think its been said already, but if aliens with the tech to travel here from another system wanted to do us harm, there isn't a thing we could do about it.

Personally, I am more worried some clown uses AI to create a Captain Tripps virus.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I saw some weird lights in the sky in, oh, probably the late 1970s, when we were taking dinner to my Dad combining late one night. Just fairly faint blobby lights moving around, almost like rounded blobs were bouncing back and forth with a straighter, more like a line blob.

Most likely it was just northern lights, but my memory of it puts them almost directly overhead in the sky, which would be pretty unlikely for northern lights as far south as Van Buren County, Iowa.

Whatever it was, it looked pretty cool.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron