Happy Gilmore 2

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
True, but there's also a case where what we found funny 10-15 years ago, most directors won't touch in todays world because everyone is so offended about every little thing. It would be a diaster.

I thought **** Blocked (excuse me if that word is not allowed on a movie title lol) was decent and I laughed pretty well in JLaw's latest comedy, but it just seems like we could use another good run of comedies in this decade.

I personally think the comedy genre is dying out. I hope I'm wrong but last 5-10 years the amount of good comedies has diminished tremendously because of what you mentioned above. It's sad because comedy is my favorite genre.

Reactions: cyfanatic

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I love comedies...and haven't laughed as much in a theater since the time I went to see Superbad! I get comedy isn't for everyone...but I honestly had tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard! Great to feel that way for 90 minutes or so!
Oh man, superbad, 1st hangover, tommy boy, billy madison those are generational that stick around decades and will always be funny to me. Not everyone feels the same about Step Brothers, 40 year old virgin, office space.

• Winner

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I personally think the comedy genre is dying out. I hope I'm wrong but last 5-10 years the amount of good comedies has diminished tremendously because of what you mentioned above. It's sad because comedy is my favorite genre.
Yep, because laughing is good for our soul and prolongs our life. There hasn't been too many movies that have literally put me in tears and made my abs hurt, especially even more so the last 5-10 like they used to. Sucks, like you comedy is my favorite genre too. Then probably action.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh man, superbad, 1st hangover, tommy boy, billy madison those are generational that stick around decades and will always be funny to me. Not everyone feels the same about Step Brothers, 40 year old virgin, office space.

Give me Office Space any day of the week over The Hangover.

I just had a hard time finding 4 guys yelling for 2 hours enjoyable.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Give me Office Space any day of the week over The Hangover.

I just had a hard time finding 4 guys yelling for 2 hours enjoyable.
It was likely due to my age range (late college) at the time it came out and being at the movies with friends. I didn't expect Alan to be THAT funny, he made the movie IMO. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple as well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Even Little Nicky which gets alot of grief I don't hate. I found a podcast called Adam Sandler Please Stop by so called Sandler fans who attack his movies because they aren't oscar masterpieces.

In little Nicky they say Sandler at the end brings up Farley which he does in a great way that tributes him not makes fun of him.

They also did reviews of his audio comedy albums and they hated The Goat which is blasphemy because that track in Iconic.
His audio comedy albums were his best stuff. At a Medium Pace, Tollbooth Willie, Crazy Uncle Donnie, The Longest Pee, I cry laughing to that stuff to this day.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron