Gravity

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I thought the previews looked absolutely terrible, like worst movie of the year. however everyone is raving about it, maybe I should hit this up.
me too, I was like the whole thing is them floating away after the accident in the preview, how could can the rest of it be.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I really don't know why people are raving about this movie so much. Outside of good visual effects the movie wasn't very good.
It was pretty boring once Clooney's character died not even half way through.

Use the spoiler tags, ****.
Can you or a Mod plz edit your post so others won't see that?

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
oh you mean what he said that was in the previews? ya what a **** huh ruined the whole movie.
I've seen 2 trailers and have yet to see where they mention or show...
one of the main characters dying not even halfway through the movie.

Last edited:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
the last thing I want to see is miss congeniality do barrel rolls in space for 2 hours.

unless she's battling this dude

hqdefault.jpg

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I didn't think the movie was that great, but the cinematography and the 3-D effects were amazing. The detail was awesome.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I didn't think the movie was that great, but the cinematography and the 3-D effects were amazing. The detail was awesome.
I kind of felt the same way. Story and execution were a B but the cinematography and effects were A+. You really feel like you are in space while watching this.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Loved the movie - saw it last night. Lot of suspense and as others said - great cinematography.

I also enjoy all the "movie critics" here and the movie bickering. More proof that CF members will fight and attack each other over anything....

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Loved the movie - saw it last night. Lot of suspense and as others said - great cinematography.

I also enjoy all the "movie critics" here and the movie bickering. More proof that CF members will fight and attack each other over anything....

It was the coolest experience I can ever remember in the theatre. The director really made you feel like you were in space in zero gravity the whole time. I think the ~ 15 minute long opening shot without a single cut really immerses the audience in the film. Great acting and suspense throughout. Probably the perfect length at only an hour and a half too.

I guess about every decade or so I get blown away by a movie on the big screen... first it was Jurassic Park (dinosaurs blew me away), then Lord of the Rings, now Gravity, though it couldn't more different than the previous two.