Good luck charms/rituals

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
For the undefeated part of the season I have worn a lucky pair of red boxer briefs, ISU socks and drank 2 bottles of Coors Light (one per half) for every game. During the 3 game losing streak either one of the clothing items was dirty or I ran out of Coors Light bottles, cans apparently don't work either. I finally had my trifecta intact and the Cyclones pulled out the win.

Who else has lucky charms or rituals and what are they? Remember, it's only weird if it doesn't work.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I've said before that if I get lucky they win. also they've won at home every game I've been to in the past three years and lost every game I've missed.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We had my girlfriend's family Christmas the morning before the OU game (they are all Iowa fans). She gave me Iowa State socks, so I wore them during the game. Was a painful game to watch sitting around with all of them. I have not worn the socks since, and really thinking about burning them.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I've worn my Iowa State arabic shirt every game but the Kansas and Texas games. We won again, so hopefully the Oklahoma game was a fluke (or it needed time to get its luck back)

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I wonder if Hogue had to get rid off his superstitious toothpick? I haven't noticed it.

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
For the undefeated part of the season I have worn a lucky pair of red boxer briefs, ISU socks and drank 2 bottles of Coors Light (one per half) for every game. During the 3 game losing streak either one of the clothing items was dirty or I ran out of Coors Light bottles, cans apparently don't work either. I finally had my trifecta intact and the Cyclones pulled out the win.

Who else has lucky charms or rituals and what are they? Remember, it's only weird if it doesn't work.

It's only weird if it doesn't work...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
well I had been going to sit in the bathroom during close games, starting with whatever was the NYE game. Can't say I'm not a little bit ok with that first loss which broke that need.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I wear the same thing to every game. I have a lucky necklace. I take the same weird route to Ames....35 to Huxley exit to Ames. For road games I had a routine, but I am currently tinkering with it. My road game thing also extends to how I watch the game.

I spent most of the football season trying to figure what I was doing wrong. I finally stumbled upon a combo that I wore for the last two games.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if I need help with how seriously I take some of this stuff. One time I missed the Huxley exit and I seriously considered turning around (and I would have but the next exit was Ames). The lucky necklace got a knot in it during the Ohio State game and I felt responsible.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Randomly my Cyclone friends and I have been drinking Greyhounds during the basketball games this year. Lots of them. That and our world famous 3 beer halftime during football season. Drink one, shotgun one, and drink another while you walk back into the stadium.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I've said before that if I get lucky they win. also they've won at home every game I've been to in the past three years and lost every game I've missed.

So you're saying you havent been to the last 2 Kansas games??

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Was in the car 1st half yesterday, so no TV. So went with radio second half. Also changed it up and did not post in gameday thread.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I quit wearing my gold Cyclone shirt. Considered burning it in the backyard.

I am with you 100%. Every year I wear gold for that stupid gold rules game against Kansas. I refuse to wear it ever again. Sorry JP, I am pretty sure our winning percentage during gold rules games is approximately .00000017%.