GameDay Guest Picker

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Pretty much this. That’s why I would have preferred GameDay come up for another game, like maybe the Texas game.

Serious question directed at everybody though, are we the only fan base in America who gets caught up on who the frickin’ guest picker is going to be? I had no idea people cared about that kind of thing until two years ago.
If they knew we would both be undefeated they could skip this game and come for Texas. All we needed was a Delorean.

Reactions: NWICY and wintersmd

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
This shouldn't be so hard. The guest pucker should just be fan service. Whether they are attached to the school or just a random celeb brought on to pimp whatever, they should play it up to the crowd and pick the home team no matter what.

Somewhat serious question, how unusual is it for the celebrity picker to pick the road team? I don't watch GameDay much anymore, but I thought that was usually a given. Well, except of course for ISU two years ago.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Somewhat serious question, how unusual is it for the celebrity picker to pick the road team? I don't watch GameDay much anymore, but I thought that was usually a given. Well, except of course for ISU two years ago.

I always try to make Gameday one of my Saturday morning traditions, so I feel like I’ve seen a majority of the shows they’ve put on the past several years. I’m sure there are more examples than I can think of, but Eric Church picking Iowa over ISU is the the only one that comes to mind for me.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Being that it is 9/11 tomorrow having some random military, police/fire/1st responder figure making the pick would have been more appropriate for the date that no one could fault them from going that route. As fun as it is to have the show here I am still a bit surprised they did not pick a service academy to go to this week even if the match up was nothing to get excited about.

Rudy Giuliani!!!

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Can someone make a poster that says worse decision? With a picture of the ****** farm trophy vs a picture of Kutcher.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
In the history of Gameday.... have they ever had a guest picker that was a fan of the opposing team, not the team hosting Gameday? I don't remember it?

The d-bag Eric Church picked Iowa, so for all we know he's a Hawk fan.... and now this. I'm to the point where I don't care if the boos all morning tomorrow drown out the entire show.