GameDay Guest Picker

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don't dislike Kutcher. Don't really care about that aspect of it. It's that ESPN is borderline trolling our fanbase. When you are the host, it's usually an agreement to showcase the school and fans. Not bait them into booing. They don't see this is as Iowa/Iowa St at Iowa State University. They see this as Cy-Hawk rivalry, and who gives a ****, they're all Iowans.

They're marketing to the lowest common denominator, so I guess it's appropriate they'd have an Iowa fan on.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The part that would upset me most, if the picker is Ashton Kutcher, isn’t that he is a Hawk fan. I am more upset that he has been relevant in years. 2 and a half men and Dude, Where’s My Car have been a while ago. Mallory from Real World Paris who went to ISU has about the same cache in 2021 as Ashton Kutcher Because both haven’t done much of note since a TV show in the mid 2000s
I'd take the likable hot virgin soccer player over the guy that always "plays" the dumb guy.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If that is indeed who it turns out to be, Rece was probably referring to the fan reaction/interaction more than the picker himself.
Good point but I don't know if they think that deeply.

"They're not booing Ashton. They're saying Kuuuuu-nis."

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
They don't see this is as Iowa/Iowa St at Iowa State University. They see this as Cy-Hawk rivalry, and who gives a ****, they're all Iowans.

They're marketing to the lowest common denominator, so I guess it's appropriate they'd have an Iowa fan on.
Pretty much this. That’s why I would have preferred GameDay come up for another game, like maybe the Texas game.

Serious question directed at everybody though, are we the only fan base in America who gets caught up on who the frickin’ guest picker is going to be? I had no idea people cared about that kind of thing until two years ago.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Thank goodness. It was hard to admit that you were a genius.
I'm no genius. I drink and I know things.

giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron