Gabe Kalscheur Commits

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Well.... the thing TJ has going for him is that's it's nearly impossible for him to do any worse that Prohm..... TJ will find a way to win more than 2 games next year. I could luck into coaching ISU to more than 2 wins next year.

I just want to see better players and better x's and o's. TJ is known as a recruiter..... so I'm expecting to see an improved roster in year one of TJ than we had on the court last year. With all the transfers, that's not asking too much IMO.

But if we lose Bolton, JCL, and let's say Hinson doesn't end up coming back.... and Hunter decommits..... we likely will not have a better roster this year IMO. Maybe we will..... we'll have to see what TJ ends up bringing in.

But TJ will definitely have more pressure.... and JP will have even more pressure than TJ..... that this was the right hire. That's not even a question. You don't hire your good friend that nobody else in the country would have hired and not expect to have a ton of pressure on that decision.

TJ has ZERO pressure on him. None. Like you said.........anyone could come in next year and luck into more than 2 wins. He knows that. And with JP having his back........please, for the next 2/3 years TJ is too cool for school.

As for this transfer......it is a solid get. A DeAndre Kane.......no. Maybe like a Chris Babb or Chris Allen. I like this one better than the first two transfers. Who knows.....he finds his stroke again he will have an impact.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I can understand Jones to a point. But honestly what's not to like about Kunc?

I actually really like the addition of Kunc. I also like this addition too.

He MUST keep Hunter on board though too. And Hinson as well.

And then we'll see who else TJ can add before making any final judgements. I do think he's heading in the right direction though.

Adding Caleb Grill doesn't do much for me though, but maybe that won't happen?

Reactions: exCYtable

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

And then we'll see who else TJ can add before making any final judgements. I do think he's heading in the right direction though.

I don’t think there’s any reason to believe Hinson isn’t on board. And he’s fully healthy now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
According to the Minnesota 247 site, he had a lot of P6 interest. Nice get for the staff.
Minnesota really wanted him back and Wisconsin was making a heavy push towards him. His high school coach from De La Salle actually got hired onto Minnesota’s staff, but we were able to still snag him away. Pretty impressive honestly.

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
TJ has ZERO pressure on him. None. Like you said.........anyone could come in next year and luck into more than 2 wins. He knows that. And with JP having his back........please, for the next 2/3 years TJ is too cool for school.

As for this transfer......it is a solid get. A DeAndre Kane.......no. Maybe like a Chris Babb or Chris Allen. I like this one better than the first two transfers. Who knows.....he finds his stroke again he will have an impact.
Babb is the guy I keep coming back to in my mind as comparisons with Gabe. I believe we will not be disappointed.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011

We are familiar with Grill, so adding him doesn’t do much for the fan base, but think he can be a nice piece on a well constructed team. He’s athletic and shows a lot of effort.

If we land Hunter I wonder what our plans our at point guard. Does Jackson play backup minutes there or is he a two guard off the bench?

• Optimistic
Reactions: mynameisjonas

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Minnesota really wanted him back and Wisconsin was making a heavy push towards him. His high school coach from De La Salle actually got hired onto Minnesota’s staff, but we were able to still snag him away. Pretty impressive honestly.

Was that one of the assistants at Colo St? If so, Medvid must have had to do some serious coach hiring.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
According to the Minnesota 247 site, he had a lot of P6 interest. Nice get for the staff.

Yeah I can't pretend to be an expert but beating major conference teams is good.

A lot of the top transfer we got during our long run of tourney appearances and top 25 were offered by many other major conference programs.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think Grill is a addition because we are so familiar with him, but he is an athletic guard who is a nice role player.

I also think each one of our current additions serves a certain purpose.

I think he'll do very well, the skills are all there, just needed to develop.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron