Funny responses to misspellings

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Wow, I'm glad I came back to reed this today. Theirs a hole lot of whinning going on.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Can you not read? He only said he is sorry if it hurt your feelings....

This is largely correct. The apology was given on the condition that the intended recipient be harmed. As said intended recipient was not harmed, said apology is thereby recanted and cannot be later accepted by said intended recipient.

Let's think a little before accepting conditional apologies. It's simply a common courtesy.

cyspike

Apr 20, 2011
Can you not read? He only said he is sorry if it hurt your feelings....
I accept his apology for the inappropriate post he made as a Mod. on this site. Like I said, my feelings don't get hurt. Even when you say " Can you not read?" you can't get to me.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I accept his apology for the inappropriate post he made as a Mod. on this site. Like I said, my feelings don't get hurt. Even when you say " Can you not read?" you can't get to me.

The ole "I'm rubber, you're glue" retort. I'm not sure it can be countered in any way.

I shall watch and see.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
The ole "I'm rubber, you're glue" retort. I'm not sure it can be countered in any way.

I shall watch and see.

It can, but the where did the bad man touch you doll was already used once in this thread.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

Oh, yeah? Well I bet my dad could beat up your dad!

Na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Got to say that this one was my favorite
4db9bf0e00075.jpg
I liked that one and the Daniel and lindsay one. Freaking hilarious.

I am a horrible typer, bad with grammar, and rarely proofread. I probably irritate the hell out of people on here.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Ok, I think I've figured out why this is such a sticking point for you. I promise, we'll get through it, but first...

16707-l.jpg

Show me where, on the doll, the dictionary salesman touched you.
:jimlad:
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
I liked that one and the Daniel and lindsay one. Freaking hilarious.

I am a horrible typer, bad with grammar, and rarely proofread. I probably irritate the hell out of people on here.

You do irritate me, but not for those reasons. :v_SPIN::v_SPIN:

I kid, I kid...:smile: I enjoy your banter.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Okay, I know this isn't going to be a popular response, but here it is.
Comments about grammar and spelling being an indication of intelligence are wrong
I make mistakes, everyone does. I'm more than willing to laugh at my own mistakes and allow others to laugh with me, as a result I'm also willing to laugh with other's who mistakes. However, it should be in good nature and a lot of the responses on CF and other places on the web are not in good nature.

. Without a doubt my wife is smarter than me. She had close to a 4.0 in college and was on the dean's list when we met, but I'm a better speller.

People have strengths in different areas and posters need to realize that. Just because you can spell and they can't doesn't mean that you are smart and they are stupid. Undoubtedly that person could run circles around you in other areas. This is why there is more than one part to the college entrance exams.

If you feel so bad about yourself that you have to belittle other posters to make yourself feel better, then YOU have issues and need a wake up call. Laugh with others, not at others!
Correct on both accounts

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
You do irritate me, but not for those reasons. :v_SPIN::v_SPIN:

I kid, I kid...:smile: I enjoy your banter.
I hope you think your man enough to reach #17 from the tee and then realize that your too short when the ball goes kurplunk (is that spelled right).:wink:

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
I hope you think your man enough to reach #17 from the tee and then realize that your too short when the ball goes kurplunk (is that spelled right).:wink:

Hey I have eagled that hole twice.....and put it in the water about 30 times. Luckily the drop zone is only about 50 yds out so you can try to get up and down (which, no, I don't do very often. I'll take the bogey for the effort.). :skeptical:

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Bonus points if you know the difference between "led" and "lead." Not many do...

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
One of my facebook friends status today read.
"Who wants to go garage sailing tomorrow?"

My response: How does one "sail" a garage? Sounds hard.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
indeed... more grade school stuff that is head-scratching........

Misuse of the words:

you're
your
their
there
they're
we're
were
through
thru?
threw

good god people.

If your smarter then the rest of us than just go too hell. Their are two many smartasses on hear who think there **** don't stink Were tired of it. I'm threw with condesending asswholes who think there better then anyone else.

:smile::twitcy:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Two of the smartest people I've ever met were terrible spellers. One was an asst professor of astro-physics, the other a civil engineering student. I used to correct the latter's english assignments before he turned them in. He now, by the way, owns a string of printing shops.