Friday OT #3 - Spinning Right Now

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Do you ever have a song with which you are obsessed at the moment? I've been digging on "River" by Leon Bridges for, like, two months - even though I knew and loved it before, it just has entered my brain and taken up residence (my two-year-old sings it along with me):

Two others that are older but have basically F5ed in my brain lately are:

What are yours? Get us hooked, too.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Despite being pretty depressing, this one's been stuck on replay in my mind

Did you see them a couple of weeks ago when they were here? I was bummed to not be able to make the show.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Do not ask me why but I can't stop playing S.O.S. by Rihanna this week for some reason. Weird.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The following are some of my all-time "ear worms", or songs that I just became singularly obsessed with for a period of time. Some of these bands I'm not even a huge fan, but just love the particular song or performance that much.

(this might be the greatest cover of all time)

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Went to 'In Transit' - broadway's first ever all acapella musical last weekend in NYC. Have had some of their stuff stuck in my head. To see a guy live beatbox just a few feet from us was spectacular.

Reactions: Angie

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Probably because my daughter loves the Trolls movie right now, but I'd have to say I'm Coming Out. Otherwise, this will be a big shock to my wife.
trailer2_dance412.gif

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The following are some of my all-time "ear worms", or songs that I just became singularly obsessed with for a period of time. Some of these bands I'm not even a huge fan, but just love the particular song or performance that much.

(this might be the greatest cover of all time)

I have had that exact Lake Street Drive cover of "Rich Girl" in my "constant play" Spotify list for the past several weeks. It's so well done.

"Lola" is just one of the best songs of its era, it's one of a kind. If it lodges in your head, you're screwed.

Good pulls on Drive-By Truckers and LCD Soundsystem, with the others.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
From what I've listened to so far the new Kendrick Lamar album is ridiculously good. Really not on topic, but felt compelled to share. You are all welcome.

• Agree

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Funny that this one happened to come on my Pandora right as I opened this thread.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
I was sitting in a Starbucks a couple weeks ago when a song came on that I'd never heard before so I googled the words I remembered and it was Clarence Carter's "Slip Away." Now it's been with me for a couple of weeks. I've heard Dr CC's other tunes though....;-))

Help Support Us

Become a patron