Friday OT #2 - QuaranTV

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What has been your favorite show, special, movie, or music to come out of the quarantine?

I enjoyed the "Parks and Rec" reunion. It was the best that we could have hoped for given the circumstances - not amazing, not the ideal situation, but they tried and gave us a few laughs - but that's just sort of encapsulating 2020.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
For me, a tie between Ozark and The Last Dance.

Ozark is one of those dramas that keeps you interested, simply because the writers are so good at getting their characters into deeper and deeper trouble. About the time you think it can't get any worse, well.......it does.

And Last Dance is a sports doc that will, IMHO, go down as one of the best ever. Even though MJ probably had the final say as to what went in the show and what didn't, the cover gets pulled back far enough to see him as a real person, and not just a shining superstar. The behind-the-scenes clips from the locker room, practice floor, and buses/planes is worth the view alone.

Reactions: Angie

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I've been chuckling at Upload on Prime. It's written by Greg Daniels who did Parks and Rec and The Office.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I saw the Parks and Rec reunion. Yeah, wasn't amazing, but fun to see the characters come back.

I don't get into new streaming stuff, but Quantum Leap has been on quite a bit and I've watched that a few times.

Also King of Queens is still funny.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
The new Fiona Apple album is amazing. So many great songs on it.

TV for me this point is for comfort, so I'm watching old favorites. Although I did finally bite on Disney+ and found "The Mandalorian" to be as good as everyone said.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
What has been your favorite show, special, movie, or music to come out of the quarantine?

I enjoyed the "Parks and Rec" reunion. It was the best that we could have hoped for given the circumstances - not amazing, not the ideal situation, but they tried and gave us a few laughs - but that's just sort of encapsulating 2020.

We are working our way through "The Good Place" which was produced by Mike Schur...same guy behind Parks and Rec as well as being a writer on The Office. (He also played Mose on the The Office). It's not as good as those other two shows, but it's been enjoyable overall. Only 4 seasons, too.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Futureman has been discussed in other threads.
It's a series I started a few years ago. Lost interest in season 2 as quality deminished. I learned they had a few episodes set at Iowa State in the final season, season 3, so I finished the series a few weekends ago. Glad I did as season 3 was better than season 2. If you have hulu and some spare time its worth a watch. Not sure I would pay to buy or rent it, but I already had Hulu and it's included there.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We are working our way through "The Good Place" which was produced by Mike Schur...same guy behind Parks and Rec as well as being a writer on The Office. (He also played Mose on the The Office). It's not as good as those other two shows, but it's been enjoyable overall. Only 4 seasons, too.

I have been meaning over and over to start that - it's with Kristen Bell, right? I've heard it's fantastic!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I've been listening a ton to "Fake Friends, Real Doctors" with Zach Braff and Donald Faison. I just loved Scrubs.

Reactions: Doc and madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I just learned about Schur this week...just never realized he was writing for both, or that he was Mose. Funny. Makes sense as the pace of both shows is so similar. A P&R episode is on right now from later in the series and I think it stayed fresh for longer than The Office.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
My girlfriend and I have been having social distancing dates and watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I’m not good with awkwardness so there’s been a few difficult moments, but it’s really good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron