Fraschilla/Bilas

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So are you saying you like King McClure?
No, I am saying what you said Fran does that bugs you is exactly what I see in King. He is so concerned about being the smartest person in the room and critiquing the officiating that he will throw something out which doesn't bear out when the replay clearly shows something different. He almost always doubles down even though everyone can clearly see that his initial take was incorrect.

Reactions: Halincandenza

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Bad or biased announcers can absolutely impact how I enjoy the game. I get particularly annoyed when they are more interested in their conversation than they are about actually CALLING the game...like calls by the refs, or who fouled whom in the middle of a rebounding scrum. I usually keep ESPN box score open so I can figure it out for myself when they can't be bothered to clarify.
This is why I feel Cyclone fans were so lucky that we had Pete and now have John. They both understood that they are the eyes of their listeners and anything they fail to pass along their fans are going to miss. TV guys need to understand that we only have what is on the particular shot we got on our screen. So when an official goes off screen to indicate what the call is or who the foul is on we can't see it. They should be telling us every time even if it interrupts their critique of this year's Duke team.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Is it just me, or is anyone else extremely disappointed when you turn on a Big Monday game, and Bilas is commentating over Fraschilla?

Thought I saw something a few years ago that Bilas is allowed to pull the trump card and announce games of his choosing, and in this case, Fraschilla is forced to take a back seat.
Bilas is annoying,in my opinion. Fran much better.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Fran has been calling Big 12 games for years; he's very knowledgable about the schools and fanbases. Its probably not fair to compare him to Bilas who very rarely calls a Big 12 game. I prefer Fran, but Bilas is fine.

Helser 83

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 7, 2022
I guess I've always felt that Bilas is to the ACC as what Fran is to the Big 12. But Jay seems much more annoying as of the last few years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron