First Place

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
It's crazy to think that if we would have won Saturday we would have been probably #8 or so in the polls. And if we won tonight and if we win Saturday in Columbia the chances of us being top 5 would be extremely high. Oof.

As it stands, after tonight and if we win in Columbia and depending how teams ahead of us do, we're likely 7th or 8th.
I do want to see how this squad responds to being hunted. In previous years the dark horse seemed like ISU's security blanket

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
How Houston didn't drop more than 8-10 spots after LOSING at HOME to a poor Temple team is unreal. No way they should be in the Top 10 after that fiasco is beyond me.
It's simple, there is not a great team in the whole country, every one of them has faults. So, when Houston loses, even at home, there just isn't a bunch of teams that are thought to be good enough to jump them.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
It's simple, there is not a great team in the whole country, every one of them has faults. So, when Houston loses, even at home, there just isn't a bunch of teams that are thought to be good enough to jump them.
Well, whatever bracket they are in... if they are gifted the ONE seed, I hope ISU is in it.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I’d be OK resting Grill for the next week. Cyclones just need to split the next two road games (Mizzou and Tech), get everyone rested and healthy for the conference stretch run starting with KU on Feb 4.
Crazy that ESPN gives us a 62% chance on Saturday against a team that's been ranked at different times this year. But 50% chance against an 0-7 conf team that we beat by 35 Shows how tough this conference is.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
When you play that hard all the time, good things happen. I'm continually just so damn impressed by the effort this team gives on a night in/night out basis. Just so much fun to watch.
I agree, I just hope these hard-won wins don’t become Phyrric victories by the end of the season b/c of the toll Cyclones’ style of play exacts on players’ bodies. It would be a huge bummer to claw to 12-6 conference record and high NCAA seed, but have key players out or limited due to injuries. TJ’s style of play definitely favors a deep bench.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, I was just looking at Torivick yesterday and K-State actually had the toughest schedule left. I think we had the 3rd easiest.
We have five games left vs the bottom four and five left vs the top five (2 home/3 away)

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
it will be interesting how we do when we play these teams the 2nd time around.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree, I just hope these hard-won wins don’t become Phyrric victories by the end of the season b/c of the toll Cyclones’ style of play exacts on players’ bodies. It would be a huge bummer to claw to 12-6 conference record and high NCAA seed, but have key players out or limited due to injuries. TJ’s style of play definitely favors a deep bench.

In the first week of February last season is when they really hit a lull and looked like they were playing under water in a few games.

There's depth and hopefully a good plan to manage that this season.

I like the gap of days between @ Tech and hosting KU.

Reactions: NoCreativity

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Crazy that ESPN gives us a 62% chance on Saturday against a team that's been ranked at different times this year. But 50% chance against an 0-7 conf team that we beat by 35 Shows how tough this conference is.
The Red Raiders are a fallen program currently, but still won't be an easy out. They basically get to play spoiler the rest of the way and will have a giant chip on their shoulder. My question is, how good is their culture? If there are locker room issues, they may continue to unravel. They have a lot of upperclassmen though, so I'm guessing they'll remain pretty solid unless the L's continue to pile up. They will have Aimaq on Monday, we didn't see him in Ames.