First logo panel is up on the scoreboard

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Could we use the old board to augment the new board, so the new HD board would do all the videos, and the old board when taken apart and added to the sides could display the advertisements and stats. Then the logo panels could just be pushed all the way out to cover the vertical supports and/or shrink them down a little.

This all depends on if they are really plan on moving the old board to the other facility.

I hope that made sense.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
saw it for the first time today in person the thing is massive. I was skeptical at first when i saw the pictures that it was to small. when you see it in person you want to crap yourself it is so big.

I honestly was speechless when i saw it. and i dont get excited about to much

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Totally agree.

Surprised how little size millions of dollars buys.

Kinda like when we put up our Press Box and it runs from the 35-yard lines, then you go to Kyle Field, or Kinnick and see what a real Press Box looks like.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Totally agree.

Kinda like when we put up our Press Box and it runs from the 35-yard lines, then you go to Kyle Field, or Kinnick and see what a real Press Box looks like.

Little? Are you clueless or unable to read?

I wish morons had to take a qualifying test before being allowed to post.

Reactions: Frak

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Not sure what the whiners are complaining about. I drove by it the other day and was speechless at how big it was. Dwarfs JTS.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Could we use the old board to augment the new board, so the new HD board would do all the videos, and the old board when taken apart and added to the sides could display the advertisements and stats. Then the logo panels could just be pushed all the way out to cover the vertical supports and/or shrink them down a little.

This all depends on if they are really plan on moving the old board to the other facility.

I hope that made sense.

You do know that the logos are going to cover a massive upgraded sound system right? There is no way they are going to extend the video protion out the supports.

I'm sure they will put some ads on the old board but I bet sponsors will be spending more money to get their ads on the big board.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Seriously guys, quit ******** about the scoreboard.

It's awesome, it's massive, its sweet, it is going to look great, and you are going to love it during game day!

Reactions: SenorCy

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Totally agree.

Really? You are surprised? Think about what they built...You're talking about lifting 400k lbs over the top of a building with no center support directly beneath that weight. Think some money went into that structure? And they still have the 14th biggest screen in the country. And a state-of-the-art sound system. Damn, ISU got ripped off!!!

Kyle Field and kinnick can have their press boxes. Who REALLY cares about press boxes other than the press? Our suites are between levels, so ISU doesn't need a huge press box.

C

CyBer

Seriously guys, quit ******** about the scoreboard.

It's awesome, it's massive, its sweet, it is going to look great, and you are going to love it during game day!

Agree fully.

The new scoreboard is Awesome, as well as gigantic. In fact it is so gigantic I think it needs a pixies song to tell how gigantic it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd34UjP6Q3Y]‪Pixies - Gigantic‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Totally agree.

Our press box is the size it is because our suites run the length of the field on the West Side, and for most of the field on the East side between decks. Hence why our press box isn't the size of other schools. Those include there suites...

Some common sense would be nice.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
Wouldn't it be awesome to play Black Ops or NCAA Football 12 on that?!?! :yes:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
readImage.asp

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Our press box is the size it is because our suites run the length of the field on the West Side, and for most of the field on the East side between decks. Hence why our press box isn't the size of other schools. Those include there suites...

Some common sense would be nice.

As you and others have pointed out, most press boxes that run the entire length of one side of a stadium include all suites, club section, etc. Not to mention, those stadiums are usually much bigger and demand for suites is probably much higher. If the press box were ever to be expanded at JTS, I doubt it would ever be a 3 level expansion running the entire length of the west side. More like one level of suites on each side of the box. Depends on if suites are added to a SEZ expansion.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Wouldn't it be awesome to play Black Ops or NCAA Football 12 on that?!?! :yes:

University of Arizona is installing a scoreboard this offseason (which will be 3rd largest in NCAA) and they held/are holding a competition in which the winner will play NCAA Football 12 on the videoboard

Cyclone04

Apr 5, 2011
University of Arizona is installing a scoreboard this offseason (which will be 3rd largest in NCAA) and they held/are holding a competition in which the winner will play NCAA Football 12 on the videoboard

Dang! So your telling me we are now going to have the 18th largest videoboard in the nation??? That thing gets smaller by the day!! :twitcy: