First crack in Ku's armor ...

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Maybe non-blue blood programs can compete for top talent. It seems that cash may have been more important than coach profile and program history, after all. Who woulda thunk?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I hope ISU is not involved in this. But do not think it is not a possibility. I say this without any knowledge either way.
I don't think anyone can be confident that any school is not involved. The influence of shoe companies and AAU programs have become completely entwined in the college game.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I hope ISU is not involved in this. But do not think it is not a possibility. I say this without any knowledge either way.

Clearly we all hope that. Hearkens me back to the days when Criner got us on probation for nothing more than someone driving Jeff Braswell to Des Moines and getting him some McD. Made me think, JFC, if we are going to "cheat", at least let's win something.

• Agree
Reactions: isu_ce

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

CRYHAWK.gif

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
As cracks go, that seems medium-sized. There's no evidence I can see that money was exchanged on KU's behalf in this case, but depending on the evidence and witness testimony available, there could be enough for a conspiracy charge against some KU folks.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Clearly we all hope that. Hearkens me back to the days when Criner got us on probation for nothing more than someone driving Jeff Braswell to Des Moines and getting him some McD. Made me think, JFC, if we are going to "cheat", at least let's win something.

Ya, one of many reasons I have a lot of hate for the NCAA. There are schools out there throwing hooker parties, paying players, providing low income housing to players, taking tests for player, etc, and nothing seems to happen to them. ISU gets probation for a crap hamburger and a $20 taxi ride.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Our sources both say it's unclear if anyone on the Kansas coaching staff knew about Adidas' interference in the recruitment of Williamson.

*cough***YEAHRIGHT***cough*

The FBI has the Adidas guy in custody. All they have to do is ask him who at Kansas did you talk to, what was discussed, etc.... or face perjury charges in addition to what we already have you on.

Then the FBI goes to the Kansas guys implicated and asks them questions under the threat of perjury as well. This is the FBI. It's not the NCAA. The FBI can wire tap, undercover agents, surveillance, all of that. People seem to be all over the NCAA about not busting blue blood programs in the past, but they could do NONE of those things. All it would take is a guy to say "I didn't know about it". Poof... unless they had proof, not just a he said she said they CAN'T do anything. The NCAA is very limited in the methods they can use to get "proof". Right now the FBI is getting the proof for them.

**** is going to hit the fan, and it will be glorious unless we get snagged too. NCAA will act on all of this in my opinion. They pretty much have to. When the freaking FBI uncovers a ton of recruiting violations, there is no longer the "option" of trying to protect blue bloods.

Edit to add... The FBI doesn't give two squirts of piss about recruiting violations. They are going after criminal convictions. They don't care who is a blue blood or not, nor do I think they would not investigate potential crimes anywhere. That is their job. That is what they do.

What that means, is that even if it can't be proven that a recruit was actually given money, it may not be a crime. BUT what that means is if it can be proven through this investigation that a recruit was offered money (wire taps, etc) that is a recruiting violation whether he took it or not.

Last edited: