Field storm was unnecessary

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
gif-eating-popcorn-54.gif

Reactions: BoxsterCy

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
My views on field storming have progressed. As have the national perception imo. They're far more common and I'm fine with it. Enjoy it and don't think it reflects the fans think they were the underdog.

Similar to bat flipping. Used to agree that it was mildly unprofessional, but anymore, have some fun.

Graduated 05 for age reference

Apr 19, 2006
Were we 5.5 point favorites?
I saw 7 point favorites, but it was still a big win for us to stay relevant. Not to mention a much needed win over a top 10 opponent who had plenty of help from the refs so all that frustration was released with some excessive celebration. They already threw the flag, that shouldn't have been thrown for excessively celebration, so might as well excessively celebrate and earn it by storming the field.

• Creative
Reactions: CyclonesRock

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I was laughing at the security people holding the rope. I’m like, “yeah, that’s really gonna stop them!”

Apr 19, 2006
Not the best look given we were favored, but oh well. I know the times that I've rushed the field, it was a cool experience and something that I'll always remember. I have no problem with people wanting to experience that for themselves.
And to be honest not sure how many people really pay attention to the point spread. So beating a top 10 team was and still is a big deal, no matter what Vegas says.

Apr 19, 2006
I was laughing at the security people holding the rope. I’m like, “yeah, that’s really gonna stop them!”
I think the rope is to help the other team have a clear path to the locker rooms. Then once they are past they open things up. In theory I think that was one of the protocols that was supposedly put into place to get the opposing teams out of harms way.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I personally wouldn't have rushed if I was there but not going to condemn those who did. After what we experienced last year with little to no crowds at all times of fun and joy should be experienced to the utmost.

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

Apr 19, 2006
Another fun fact the Iowa marching band actually also got roundhouse kicked in the face by a fan during this field rush.
Yeah but did they start a thread about rushing the field being stupid? If so, they might have had it coming. :) I'm kidding of course violence is never the answer, but a band that tries to push their way through a bunch of opposing fans mostly drunk are probably going to get some things said to them. Granted violence shouldn't be a line that is crossed.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006

It actually worked well for what they intended - give teams a chance/path to get off the field. Saw one person jump the rope and get thrown back by security.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric