Fertilizing my lawn for initial spring application

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I took some pictures of various spots in my yard. Anyone know what may be going on? I have fertilized over the past few years 3-4 times and stayed on top of weeds. I don't have irrigation, but have watered some and it still doesn't help a lot. I wonder if it may be grub damage. The one picture I tried to dig through the dead patch and couldn't fine any sign of life under it. Any ideas of what to try?

Attachments

• Lawn 1.jpg
    Lawn 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • Lawn 2.jpg
    Lawn 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • Lawn 3.jpg
    Lawn 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Lawn 4.jpg
    Lawn 4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I haven't read the whole thread but I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if @CoachHines3 or somebody hasn't made the joke "I tried to fertilize my wife's lawn last night".
just wanted to give the stage to someone else for a change

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
200w.gif

A tradition unlike any other.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Last week's rains really got the dandelions going. I put down a pre-emergent, but the neighbor across the street didn't bother to do anything this year and I'm paying the price. I can live with clover and some of the other stuff, but dandelions and creeping charlie have to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2020cy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Last week's rains really got the dandelions going. I put down a pre-emergent, but the neighbor across the street didn't bother to do anything this year and I'm paying the price. I can live with clover and some of the other stuff, but dandelions and creeping charlie have to die.

I know the struggle

cp0Rfpj.jpeg

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I took some pictures of various spots in my yard. Anyone know what may be going on? I have fertilized over the past few years 3-4 times and stayed on top of weeds. I don't have irrigation, but have watered some and it still doesn't help a lot. I wonder if it may be grub damage. The one picture I tried to dig through the dead patch and couldn't fine any sign of life under it. Any ideas of what to try?
Hard to tell from any 2d pictures but I’m guessing grubs. Milky spore is the fix.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
How many feet is too many feet to spray herbicide into your neighbors yard? Asking for a friend. Also the answer is 6’.
I have a county road, his drainage easement and mine, separating our property, yet they still find their way over to my yard. Another reason to hate all this wind.

Reactions: FerShizzle

Help Support Us

Become a patron