FB roster update

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Loving-Black seems a little on the slighter side of TE's we've had recently. I know he's still young, but perhaps he's got a little more get up and go to him than the other guys we've had. If Easton Dean is any good at TE, he'll be a problem for opposing defenses in the years to come.
I think Loving-Black reported last year around 215. Fortunately, he and Hanika (236) both have another year to add weight before they’re full time players. If they both add another ten pounds, they should be okay.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Loving-Black seems a little on the slighter side of TE's we've had recently. I know he's still young, but perhaps he's got a little more get up and go to him than the other guys we've had. If Easton Dean is any good at TE, he'll be a problem for opposing defenses in the years to come.
Imagine throwing the ball to a TE/F on an inside screen and having him pull up and sling it down the field. DCs heads will spin.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Imagine throwing the ball to a TE/F on an inside screen and having him pull up and sling it down the field. DCs heads will spin.
Yeah, I was wondering what kind of plays they could use to set up a tight end pass.

And once you do it, the DC has to prepare for it every time. :cool:

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah, I was wondering what kind of plays they could use to set up a tight end pass.

And once you do it, the DC has to prepare for it every time. :cool:
Before we both get jumped for this, Let me say that I think we both know that the amount of these trick things that get put into the offense is minuscule and the amount that actually get used in a game is smaller still, but it is fun to think about the possibilities. :)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Before we both get jumped for this, Let me say that I think we both know that the amount of these trick things that get put into the offense is minuscule and the amount that actually get used in a game is smaller still, but it is fun to think about the possibilities. :)

We have an athletic 288 pound QB coming in and you consider TE pass tricky?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
TE or flanker.

I'm sure you are going to be able to come up with one. But the point is that a RB or WR pass is pretty rare and some sort of trickery. A TE or F pass is just as rare if not more so.
Hback not RB. If a TE lines up off the line of scrimmage they'd be an Hback. Usually considered a fullback when in the backfield.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Have we seen a depth chart yet from fall? When does the first one normally come out?
No, not yet. We might get on with Friday’s press conference, but with no Spring ball that might be a stretch.

I don’t think I’d count on one before Friday—or whenever the Game Week press conference is.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Have we seen a depth chart yet from fall? When does the first one normally come out?
Yeah I don’t think we’ll get a definitive depth chart. Campbell doesn’t even know who gets to play until Friday before the game barring test results

• Agree
Reactions: LarryISU

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Yeah, I was thinking about when we might get a depth chart, too. But, good point, depth chart is pretty meaningless under COVID conditions. Still would at least be fun to look at one for a few minutes.

Reactions: StevieISU23

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron