FB roster update

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Do you have stats to back that up? Were they peer reviewed?

I'd be interested in this too. Just because that's the way it has happened every day so far doesn't mean it will be the same way tomorrow. Even if you flip a coin on heads 10 times in a row, you can't guarantee it won't land on tails the next time.

:jimlad: in case it is actually needed...

• Haha
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yeah, I was thinking about when we might get a depth chart, too. But, good point, depth chart is pretty meaningless under COVID conditions. Still would at least be fun to look at one for a few minutes.
The way that I look at it, season opening depth charts are fairly meaningless anyway, more of a guideline—so why not give fans something to chew over?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
depth chart is pretty meaningless under COVID conditions.

season opening depth charts are fairly meaningless anyway

They're meaningless most of the time. Spring practice, fall camp, in-season, COVID, whenever. It's neck-and-neck between published depth chart and Coaches Poll to see which one coaches care about less.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
The way that I look at it, season opening depth charts are fairly meaningless anyway, more of a guideline—so why not give fans something to chew over?
Seems like it would not be difficult to get a depth chart published for the information-starved fans. In past seasons, they've posted them in conjunction with the weekly press conference. But not today, at least so far.

That said, with the 53-player roster juggling, week to week, they will likely need to post this information with velcro. ... so to speak.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've been saying it for the last two seasons that 2020 will be the year we see the o-line really make that big jump. I know they have to prove it on the field but damn the two deeps are looking really solid.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I've been saying it for the last two seasons that 2020 will be the year we see the o-line really make that big jump. I know they have to prove it on the field but damn the two deeps are looking really solid.

We finally have the combo of experience and talent. We had some of each in the past but you need both. Plus, there's depth.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Weight isn't everything but compare this to Campbell's first Spring depth chart.
7 guys under 300. Biggest guy is Philbert at 6'4" 310 (who was suspended and then transferred).

Now no one under 300. Smallest guys are Newell (center so makes sense) at 6'4" 304 and Ramos 6'5" 303.
There's finally going to be some serious size out there.

1599676802650.png