FB roster update

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Enyi and we play a 3 man front is my guess
So, COVID hurt Bankston’s development because of lack of practice, but Enyi—who has never played NT before, and doesn’t have the traditional frame—will be okay there?

I’m not sure that makes sense to me.

And remember that they get six weeks of practice time this year—to make up for COVID.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Enyi and we play a 3 man front is my guess

I think you're right here. The starting DL will be Peterson, Enyi, Bailey. I do think that they'll flip to the 4-2-5 more often with Peterson, Enyi, Bankston, Bailey. Then mix in McDonald, Lee, Robertson, Suttle based on down and distance and guys needing a blow. McDonald as a LEO in a four man front could do a lot of damage.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I get the impression that some few of these heights/weights simply didn’t get updated—Will McDonald being one of them. I’m wondering if he simply wasn’t around the day they measured everyone. Hopefully he isn’t one of the COVID-19 cases.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Really the only thing i was disapointed in was seeing Loving-Black still listed at 215. I was hoping he was closer to the 230 Pound mark.
Loving-Black is one of the others I think may have missed the weigh-ins. I’d be extremely surprised if after a full year in the program, he was still only 215.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
There aren’t really any CBs who need to gain a whole bunch of weight. Fans often get hung up on the idea that all players should gain weight. CBs need flexibility, speed and explosion, not necessarily bulk.
Yes, in coverage, but I think I’ve noticed that our corners also come up in run support. 164# (iirc) is going the wrong direction.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So, COVID hurt Bankston’s development because of lack of practice, but Enyi—who has never played NT before, and doesn’t have the traditional frame—will be okay there?

I’m not sure that makes sense to me.

And remember that they get six weeks of practice time this year—to make up for COVID.

The jump from JUCO to Big 12 football is huge

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Yes, in coverage, but I think I’ve noticed that our corners also come up in run support. 164# (iirc) is going the wrong direction.

It is super small yes. But if it means he’s improved speed or flexibility or coverage I’ll take it over run support. But the truth is it may well be white noise and might just be an accurate weight in comparison to an inflated one from last year. Either way, dude is always going to be 180 ish or less probably.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I just hope that Rose and Vance haven't gotten too big and lost speed?

I thought Rose looked a few steps slower last year after he bulked up than he did as a true freshman.

I think he was just as fast but he was playing in space more.

Reactions: BigCyFan

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So who is the staff looking to fill the speed linebacker position if we continue to run a 3-3-5? If I recall correctly 2 years ago the 3 LB's were: Rose, Harvey and Spears. Last year the LB's were: Rose, Vance and Spears.

Getting bigger at LB has helped against the run. Vance seems to be a good run stopper and pass rushing LB. Rose is strong against the run on OK in coverage. Seems we need speed at the 3rd backer that is strong in coverage.

Reactions: BigCyFan

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Check it out.

Easton Dean and Robert Hudson stand out. Enyi too.
I bet Enyi plays inside more than outside this year. I was saying that since the end of last season, and now that he is up to 310 lbs (!!!) I think it is even more likely.

McDonald only at 230? I thought Campbell said he was up around 245 towards the end of last season. Are some players just not updated because they're not on campus yet?

It's cool to see Dennis Gibson's son on the roster! And he is a QB wearing jersey #20. I like it!

TJ Tampa listed as an 'ATH' is interesting. I hope we see him play offense, defense and special teams.

Last edited:

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
So who is the staff looking to fill the speed linebacker position if we continue to run a 3-3-5? If I recall correctly 2 years ago the 3 LB's were: Rose, Harvey and Spears. Last year the LB's were: Rose, Vance and Spears.

Getting bigger at LB has helped against the run. Vance seems to be a good run stopper and pass rushing LB. Rose is strong against the run on OK in coverage. Seems we need speed at the 3rd backer that is strong in coverage.

I would guess Jake Hummel will have to fill Spear’s role. In my opinion we need to get the 3rd linebacker off the field on 3rd or 4th and long this year.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Personally, I think he’s pretty much a lock at LT.

We’re currently recruiting the grandson of a guy who signed with Nebraska the same year I graduated HS. That’s another way to feel old.
Forward.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron