FB roster update

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
6 months without organized weight training, I hope the guys who've put on weight didn't just get fat and out of shape like 80% of America

Reactions: BigCyFan

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I was looking at that today as well. Is Dekkers really 234lbs? I could see him playing as a true freshman in some RPO situations and staying under the 4 game limit.

Also, who is Deshawn Hanika? I missed him in the recruiting cycle, but looks like he has some potential at TE.
Dekkers impressed me then I continued to scroll down and seen Bouman is listed at 6'6 242, and Devin Larsen is listed at 6'4 243. That's some big ass QBs.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
A few position changes as well. Dan Sichterman has moved from DE to TE giving the TE Room a 6'3 260 Pound depth piece. Also Alex Keinow has moved from the OL to what I'm assuming is DT adding a 6'6 317 pound run stopper to the mix hopefully.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Really the only thing i was disapointed in was seeing Loving-Black still listed at 215. I was hoping he was closer to the 230 Pound mark.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
One thing interesting I noticed was TJ Tampa was listed as an ATH rather than a Wide Receiver

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Someone should do a weight added/lost thread

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Darien Porter is also still really light for 6’4

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Actually expect Enyi to take a lot of snaps inside this year. Need a way to have him, Jaquan and McDonald on the field at the same time.

I think you mean Jaquan, Enyi, and Zach Peterson.

It doesn't appear as if McDonald was still able to put on much weight in the offseason. He can still be an effective situational pass rusher at times, but Zach will play 80%+ of the downs..... he's a beast.

Also, I'm a bit concerned that a lot of these big weight gains might not have been "good" weight. Hope that isn't the case.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think you mean Jaquan, Enyi, and Zach Peterson.

It doesn't appear as if McDonald was still able to put on much weight in the offseason. He can still be an effective situational pass rusher at times, but Zach will play 80%+ of the downs..... he's a beast.

Also, I'm a bit concerned that a lot of these big weight gains might not have been "good" weight. Hope that isn't the case.

Yeah, I would guess that the starting DL is Bailey, Enyi, Peterson. Move Enyi out to DE on rushing downs and bring in Lee. On sure passing downs, maybe McDonald, Bankston, Bailey. And they still have Suttle, Blake Peterson, Josh Bailey, Singleton, Cordarrius Bailey, Robertson, Wilson as depth. They have really good DL depth. And if one guy goes down, it's not going to kill them. Also, this DL is going to test our OL every day in practice...even the 3rd teamers.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Love to see the weight gains. This team needed to beef up after getting physically dominated in the bowl game. In order to compete with some of these blue bloods and upper echelon programs, we need to get stronger and tougher. You just hope it's good weight as someone alleged above

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Love to see the weight gains. This team needed to beef up after getting physically dominated in the bowl game. In order to compete with some of these blue bloods and upper echelon programs, we need to get stronger and tougher. You just hope it's good weight as someone alleged above
This why they hired Dave Andrews.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Hudson at 360 pounds. That will be tough to play football at that weight. Hopefully he can trim down some before September. I worry about the kid's health at 360. Although I recall just coming out of high school he had weighed that much or even more, maybe.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
A few position changes as well. Dan Sichterman has moved from DE to TE giving the TE Room a 6'3 260 Pound depth piece. Also Alex Keinow has moved from the OL to what I'm assuming is DT adding a 6'6 317 pound run stopper to the mix hopefully.
Curious about these moves. Depth adds or is there something there?

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
6 months without organized weight training, I hope the guys who've put on weight didn't just get fat and out of shape like 80% of America

More like just over 3 months, but your point is well taken. I am guessing there is a little extra padding on the guys who still worked out hard, but will shed it quickly, and not the bulk of the weight gain they had. It is hard by yourself to keep that same intensity. I am sure there are also a couple of guys in there who will be hating life when workouts crank up.

I do think the culture that Campbell has built translates well to the team being accountable for working out and eating well during the time apart.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
More like just over 3 months, but your point is well taken. I am guessing there is a little extra padding on the guys who still worked out hard, but will shed it quickly, and not the bulk of the weight gain they had. It is hard by yourself to keep that same intensity. I am sure there are also a couple of guys in there who will be hating life when workouts crank up.

I do think the culture that Campbell has built translates well to the team being accountable for working out and eating well during the time apart.

Ive seen the tOSU guys out on the intramural fields working with their position groups every day, even Sundays (my bike route goes right past it and I stop to watch when I see Justin Fields, Chris Olave, or Trey Sermon out there) Each group has some kind of overseer/whistleblower/cone setter with them. It’s not like these guys are just isolated and not able to do anything or hold each other accountable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron