Favorite 80s song

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
My Fav 80s albums:

Iron Maiden - Any album
Metallica - Kill Em All and Master of Puppets
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Megadeth - Peace Sells but who's buying

Really too many to mention. My mullet was sweet.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
For some reason I have to admit that I still listen to Cinderella once or twice a year...embarrassing I know...but it is true!

Also, I really like "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" by the Cutting Crew.

Please don't laugh at me!

Funny you say that. I'm listening to Cinderella right now:yes: They were awesome at Waterstock. Although the lead singer (can't recall his name right now) looked like death warmed-over.

RTBIO

Apr 11, 2006
Western shore
My brother, who is a few years older than me, turned me on to the Clash before I got to high school. In high school all my buddies were listening to heavy metal so I kind of lost track of them. After high school, got into them again. Still listen to them quite a bit. It still amazes me that some people have never even heard of them. I played Straight to Hell on a jukebox one night and the guys I was with had no idea who the band was:sad: Definitely one of the best bands ever.

That's the price we pay in Central Iowa for going decades without a single radio station that's worth a crap. You can see the results in this thread

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Funny you say that. I'm listening to Cinderella right now:yes: They were awesome at Waterstock. Although the lead singer (can't recall his name right now) looked like death warmed-over.

Tom Keiffer, wasn't it? I think he may have taken the excesses of the '80's to heart.

Was that when they were here w/Bon Jovi? I saw those two bands at my first concert ever down in Des Moines.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Did you like the new remixes? I kinda like them.

new re-mixes... didn't know. I really don't follow music a whole lot... I simply know what I like when I hear it.. and most times I dont' know the name of the song or group.

-keep.

EDIT: heck, I just bought my first ipod this weekend... actually is for the little girl in my life.. I know all sorts of things about hannah montana, cinderella; the soundtrack, et'al.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Tom Keiffer, wasn't it? I think he may have taken the excesses of the '80's to heart.

Was that when they were here w/Bon Jovi? I saw those two bands at my first concert ever down in Des Moines.

Yes, Tom Keiffer is correct. No, it was a couple years ago (heck, maybe even last year). The "headliner" was Poison. We left when they took stage. The only other "big" bands that I remember were Dokken, and Quiet Riot.

There were several good local bands. Cold Filtered is the only one I can remember. As you can tell, my memory isn't so good:no: And, no, I don't smoke pot (anymore):biggrin:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just about anything from Metallica, Judas Priest, White Zombie (or was that early '90s?), Dead Kennedy's, Scorpions, and Guns 'n' Roses. Especially Metallica during the '80s, before they sold out and put out crap.

I guess I'm mostly liking the '90s, though - Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Offspring (at least the Smash album was good), Green Day, Korn, etc.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just about anything from Metallica, Judas Priest, White Zombie (or was that early '90s?), Dead Kennedy's, Scorpions, and Guns 'n' Roses. Especially Metallica during the '80s, before they sold out and put out crap.

I guess I'm mostly liking the '90s, though - Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Offspring (at least the Smash album was good), Green Day, Korn, etc.

Hey, "Paul's Boutique" came out in the '80's, and it's probably one of the best albums ever (love that the Dust Brothers produced it). That still gives them some '80's cred!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
For some reason I have to admit that I still listen to Cinderella once or twice a year...embarrassing I know...but it is true!

Also, I really like "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" by the Cutting Crew.

Please don't laugh at me!

"Make Out" Song From Heck....

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hey, "Paul's Boutique" came out in the '80's, and it's probably one of the best albums ever (love that the Dust Brothers produced it). That still gives them some '80's cred!

Yeah, but I'm more familiar with the "Sabotage" era.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Yeah, but I'm more familiar with the "Sabotage" era.

That's honestly what I will generally listen to, too. I (heart) the Beastie Boys. I don't know how people can say the '90's sucked for music... at least not the early/mid-'90's. Nirvana, Soundgarden, Weezer, STP, etc...

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Mr T.- "Treat your mother right" :yes:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=U53XWlGK4hY"]YouTube - Mr. T - Treat Your Mother Right[/ame]

Seriously though, probably Mr. Mister's "Kyrie" or "Broken Wings"
Kenny Loggins "Mighty Wings" "Danger Zone" "I'm Alright" and "Dannys Song" are great as well.

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Anything by Metallica, Motley, Van Halen,

My favorite would have to be anything off the Shout at the Devil album.