F1 2024 Discussion

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just saw that here at the beginning of P3 that Carlos is have surgery this morning on his appendix. Dang!

Funny that his replacement is British and driving for Ferrari.

Last edited:

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Tough for Carlos after a really good showing in Bahrain. 18 year old kid who's only got two FP1's in a Haas under his belt gets to drive a Ferrari in an Grand Prix. That has got to be some kind of nerve wracking.

I'd say anything other than binning it into the wall has to be a win for him this weekend!

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
What a tough spot for Bearman, you get one practice and then you're qualilfying and racing at a really fast, and really tight track. Hopefully he can do something with it.

At 18 I was driving an old Malibu.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
What a tough spot for Bearman, you get one practice and then you're qualilfying and racing at a really fast, and really tight track. Hopefully he can do something with it.

Keep in mind the practice was interrupted before he could get to the softs, so he really only got one lap with the compound he’s going to run qualifying on.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigman38

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Tough spot but also drivers dream is to race for Ferrari and this 18 year old kid gets to step in and drive it. Would be cool if he got some points or kept up with the big boys.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Logan Sargent needs replaced in that car. Pretty sure the only reason he is still driving is Williams hoping they can snag one of the better drivers in silly season and didn’t want to commit to a replacement until they see what they can get

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Logan Sargent needs replaced in that car. Pretty sure the only reason he is still driving is Williams hoping they can snag one of the better drivers in silly season and didn’t want to commit to a replacement until they see what they can get
Yeah, he's terrible, either that or Albon is equally as talented as Max.

I wonder though, since Williams is actually owned by an American Private Equity company, if they don't have some connection that is throwing money at the team to keep him there. .

Maybe they are holding out until August when Antonelli turns 18 and hope Mercedes will loan him to them until they are ready for him to step into the Merc.

Reactions: Drew0311

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Yeah, he's terrible, either that or Albon is equally as talented as Max.

I wonder though, since Williams is actually owned by an American Private Equity company, if they don't have some connection that is throwing money at the team to keep him there. .

Maybe they are holding out until August when Antonelli turns 18 and hope Mercedes will loan him to them until they are ready for him to step into the Merc.
Sargeant comes from big money. Him and Zhou are the closest things to pay drivers in F1 currently (Stroll excluded), but Zhou at least gets a result here and there.

My guess is Sargeant brings them investment and doesnt cost them a big driver salary, so they chose to run another season with him and wait for this crazy offseason as noted.

Help Support Us

Become a patron