F1 2022 Discussion

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Man it feels like the start to last season for McLaren. Lando gets a good amount from the car to cruise comfortably into Q3 and Daniel continues to struggle and he’s out in Q2.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Red Bull top end speed too much it appears as long as they last for the entire race.

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
Safety car to make things interesting here. Have no idea what Gasly was doing. His performance clearly fell off a cliff after contact with Alonso. He probably should have retired the car.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Ferrari screw up the tire strategy under caution there? Horner seems to think they did.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
So you think Ferrari will able to do anything to catch up to Red Bull in straight line speed advantage? If not, don't see them beating Max/Red Bull.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
So you think Ferrari will able to do anything to catch up to Red Bull in straight line speed advantage? If not, don't see them beating Max/Red Bull.
I think they can but it won’t be easy, they supposedly have a significant upgrade package coming for Spain.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Brudle trying to interview the guy who looked like Patrick Mahomes was pretty funny.
Ya, Thought the same. Really classic honest live scene imho.

Was really enjoying that guy from SkyNews just innocently trying to do his job in that frenetic pre race rush scene surrounded by celebrities.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I haven’t watched the race yet so I’m trying to avoid spoilers, just wanted to post this:
Liberty Media is buying up some LV land (39 AC. east of the Strip) ahead of the race for pre-development (approx. $240M). The pre-hype machine will be unreal.

Las Vegas just getting even more of a massive influx from professional sports leagues and related developers from around the world.

• Informative
Reactions: mramseyISU

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I haven’t watched the race yet so I’m trying to avoid spoilers, just wanted to post this:
Liberty Media is buying up some LV land (39 AC. east of the Strip) ahead of the race for pre-development (approx. $240M). The pre-hype machine will be unreal.

Las Vegas just getting even more of a massive influx from professional sports leagues and related developers from around the world.

Yeah, Las Vegas off track is going to be wild. Not only do you get the whales like Monaco (maybe not quite as big), but it'll be maybe a little bit "accessible" to a more casual person as well.

By accessible I mean they might serve beer at $25/glass instead of only champagne at $125/glass