F1 2022 Discussion

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Would love to hear the conversations at this table:

I look across that table and wonder how many people actually like each other or just tolerate being around one another. I almost expect Toto and Gunter to start doing kegstands in the back.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
That was a wild quali with all the red flags. I think Max was going to have it regardless although I think Checo was up big on his last flying lap before he went off track.

After listening to K Mag on Beyond the Grid, I think he’s going to be my guy the season. Seeing Gunter and Haas doing well gets me kind of giddy during the races.
Lord knows they have done their time at the bottom (and I mean rock bottom).
They will be an easy team to love this season!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Appears Leclerc tires wore out and DRS is obviously going to be huge tomorrow.

Sainz goes from 10th to 4th.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Great sprint, and really think we are in for quite the battle this year between RB and Ferrari (assuming RB sorts out the reliability troubles).

Haas took quite the gamble on the mediums (obviously hindsight). Just seems the sprints are too short to be able to capitalize on degradation.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This is pretty big news. Audi looking to buy McLaren and Porsche to partner with Red Bull.

So if I’m reading this right, Audi wants to buy McLaren as a whole (not just the F1 team) in order to get into F1? Is McLaren expected to sell or is it still just talk at this point? Not a lot on websites outside of ESPN. Hopefully they would stick with the McLaren branding since it has the history but I can’t see Audi doing that with that price tag.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
So if I’m reading this right, Audi wants to buy McLaren as a whole (not just the F1 team) in order to get into F1? Is McLaren expected to sell or is it still just talk at this point? Not a lot on websites outside of ESPN. Hopefully they would stick with the McLaren branding since it has the history but I can’t see Audi doing that with that price tag.
That's how I'm understanding it. I'm not sure how this would all play out though. McLarens road cars are some of my favorite and I'd had to see anything happen to that.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
So think this is going to be a boring circuit at Miami this weekend or no?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
This is a pretty decent watch discussing the new Miami track:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron