F1 2022 Discussion

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Lewis is still great... but he is 37. I'm also very interested to see at what point George starts to overtake him. He can't go on forever.
George looked pretty damn good filling in for Lewis while he was out with Covid. That might be the most interesting intra-team story line this year.

The other one I'm looking forward to is seeing how Riccardo does in the McLaren. This new car could make stuff really interesting for the first 3-4 races.

• Agree
Reactions: StormnClone58

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
George looked pretty damn good filling in for Lewis while he was out with Covid. That might be the most interesting intra-team story line this year.

The other one I'm looking forward to is seeing how Riccardo does in the McLaren. This new car could make stuff really interesting for the first 3-4 races.

The George storyline will be very interesting, especially if Mercedes doesn't have a great car. How does he respond to the pressure of driving for a top tier team week in and week out. His fill in was an amazing drive (that Mercedes proceeded to f up in truly impressive fashion), but was that a one-shot wonder or was that a true glimpse of things to come?

Hopefully we get some serious competition at the front. I'd love to see a 3 way battle for both the Constructors and Drivers championship.

Reactions: mramseyISU

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Hoping for a Lando win, Alfa Romeo looked quick in testing so that could be interesting for Bottas.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Excited for the smaller cars, could lead to more overtaking.

Last five years or so I've transitioned to F1 and dropped NASCAR. The France family has completely ruined that sport over the last ~15 years

• Agree
Reactions: ISUKyro

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Shall we get some constructor’s predictions going here before the first weekend starts up?

Here’s what I had last year, definitely going to have a couple changes this time around.

Any preseason predictions?

Here’s my best guess for the Constructor’s Championship:
10. Haas
9. Williams
8. Alfa Roméo
7. Alpha Tauri
6. Aston Martin
5. Alpine
4. Scuderia Ferrari
3. McLaren
2. Mercedes
1. Red Bull

I think having 2 competitive seats helps Red Bull finally split the Mercedes, and I think they’ll pick off enough points from Bottas to make it happen. I’m betting it’ll be close though because I still think Lewis will win the Driver’s Championship.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Shall we get some constructor’s predictions going here before the first weekend starts up?

Here’s what I had last year, definitely going to have a couple changes this time around.
For 2022, I’m thinking:
10. Williams
9. Alfa Romeo
8. Haas
7. Aston Martin
6. Alpha Tauri
5. Alpine
4. McLaren
3. Red Bull
2. Ferrari
1. Mercedes

I think top 3 are a bit harder when you start to write it down, honestly.

I hope I’m wrong on a couple of those, would love to see McLaren in the top 3 but Ferrari looks like they’ve made some good progress with the new car.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA

Here's my picks
10. Williams
9. Alfa Romeo
8. Haas
7. Aston Martin
6.Alpine
5. Alfa Tauri
4. McLaren
3. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
1. Ferrari

Get me on the Ferrari hype train this year. Dark horse drivers champ is Carlos Sainz.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Here's my picks
10. Williams
9. Alfa Romeo
8. Haas
7. Aston Martin
6.Alpine
5. Alfa Tauri
4. McLaren
3. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
1. Ferrari

Get me on the Ferrari hype train this year. Dark horse drivers champ is Carlos Sainz.
The trajectory of the smooth operator’s career has certainly shot to the moon here over the last three seasons. He’s an animal.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Also, part of me wonders if George plays a bit of a supporting (Bottas 2.0) role here in his first stint with Mercedes. Not sure he’ll be given free rein just yet.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
For 2022, I’m thinking:
10. Williams
9. Alfa Romeo
8. Haas
7. Aston Martin
6. Alpha Tauri
5. Alpine
4. McLaren
3. Red Bull
2. Ferrari
1. Mercedes

I think top 3 are a bit harder when you start to write it down, honestly.

I hope I’m wrong on a couple of those, would love to see McLaren in the top 3 but Ferrari looks like they’ve made some good progress with the new car.

I think I agree with this list. I think Ferrari will be in the hunt with Merc and Red Bull. We’ll see if McLaren can turn their newly found Google money into more points. I think Haas will get some points.

I’m excited to see how the quali shakes out this weekend and how comfortable each driver looks in the new cars.

Reactions: JHUNSY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron