Euro 2020

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
If England can beat Germany I think they then have a pretty good draw. Should at least make the Final.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If England can beat Germany I think they then have a pretty good draw. Should at least make the Final.

The one side of the bracket is much much easier than the other. The Dutch have an easy path - Czech, Denmark then Germany/Sweden/England.

The other side has Belgium, Italy, France and Spain. Italy/Belgium is a final in the quarters (if they both win the next game).

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

Well, England beat Germany. They *should* make the final, but this is England at a major tournament. I dont think anyone will be surprised if they mess it up.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Danes. What a story that would be for them to make the final after what they went through.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Well, England beat Germany. They *should* make the final, but this is England at a major tournament. I dont think anyone will be surprised if they mess it up.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Danes. What a story that would be for them to make the final after what they went through.

Watch them play super conservative against the winner of Sweden-Ukraine, keeping an inferior opponent in the match for far too long and then go out on some garbage goal off a corner. With the way Southgate wants this team to play, it’s a distinct possibility.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Watch them play super conservative against the winner of Sweden-Ukraine, keeping an inferior opponent in the match for far too long and then go out on some garbage goal off a corner. With the way Southgate wants this team to play, it’s a distinct possibility.

And one I will probably actually bet on happening.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

As we’re seeing today Sweden and Ukraine have no problem not playing a football match.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Holy crap - that knee injury the Ukraine player took from the flying dropkick from Danielsson was reminiscent of the one Willis McGahee took in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
England should have no excuse to at least not make the Final. Get Ukraine in Quarters and then get to play at Wembley for the Semis & Final. Hell they should probably win the damn thing.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Every year this comes around I remember being in Chicago's Greek Town in 2004 when they were 150-1 odds champs. Those people were pretty much exactly like if ISU football fans won a National Championship.