Ernst

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Would Carter be playing at all at IHCC?

Our post game is extremely weak and the staff missed on which Big had the better potential. Misses happen, but we're starting to see an inability by the staff to even have a mid-major level post game.

Missing on carter or Ernst is not st all on the coaches. Got the job in June. Didn't have many players.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I thought CW said something akin to "the staff decided to keep either Carter or Ernst, and kept Carter, figuring he had more potential."

Obviously, nobody is high on Carter right now.

Thank goodness for Solomon Young. Thanks for being a Cyclone. Let's hope that Cameron Lard shows up and shows equal promise next year.

Truth is -- nobody knows on Ernst. He is an easy "what if" to point to... white boy (so you get to call him all those positive things like "scrappy, high motor, gamer, sneaky athletic" code words), a native Iowan, flew under the radar, coming off an injury, tall, invites some comparison to similar "rags to riches" ISU stories in the past like Jared Homan in the post... but we simply do not know right now. He wasn't highly recruited, which only adds to it.

We'll know in a year or two if he makes it out of JUCO and where he goes. If he ends up being a post contributor for somebody at a high-major level, I guess we messed up. Wouldn't surprise me to see him at SDSU with TJ either, for that matter.

Or he might not go anywhere or play at a much lower level. After that, then we'll know. I do not know the circumstances of him leaving but, if the relationship is still good, heck, maybe he can still come back to Ames. Please don't go to Iowa City or Lawrence, Mr. Ernst.

That might break CF.

Until then, this is just another way to make a legend out of a molehill (one under construction) as another way to criticize the current staff. There are plenty of things more relevant to our current situation to criticize than Brady Ernst, looking about.

Yeah I am pretty sure you wont have to worry about Brady Ernst going to Kansas...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Would Carter be playing at all at IHCC?

Our post game is extremely weak and the staff missed on which Big had the better potential. Misses happen, but we're starting to see an inability by the staff to even have a mid-major level post game.

Well the staff thinks he's better than Ernst and Ernst is playing there so I'd say yes

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why? There are probably bigs all across JUCO that are producing similar numbers. It doesn't mean they can play on a Big 12 team.

It's less of a statement of how good Ernst is, and more of a statement of how bad our post situation is.

IHCC has produced enough over the years to make me think that a post player averaging a double double for them could help us out this year in all likelihood. Hell, Edozie would probably be starting for us this year and he averaged 6 & 4 at Juco.

• Agree
Reactions: swarthmoreCY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I was really hoping this was about the famous German surrealist artist and proponent of the Dada movement rather than the kid going to the JC in Ottumwa that there's already about a million threads about.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Brady Ernst has committed to Xavier.
Good for him. Big mistake for ISU to not get him back. I think he will do well at a top 25 program. As the Indian hills coach said, hard to believe ISU let him go.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Three left to play three? Med red shirt (eligible I am guessing, only played six games at ISU before shutting it down) and one year playing at JC so far?