El Camino

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Maybe not immediately, but Walt and Saul were at the vacuum place at the same time. Walt then went to the cabin for 6 months before coming back to ABQ for the finale. It seems unlikely Saul would still be around at that time.

Right, but that doesn't mean he was in Omaha yet either. Wasn't the cabin in Vermont supposed to just be a safe house or temporary setup for WW?

At any rate, what happened to Saul in between leaving ABQ and arriving in Omaha is probably either

a) going to be a future plot point in Better Call Saul, or
b) irrelevant

It would just be cool if they could find a way for the character to make an appearance in this movie without it seeming forced.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Maybe. I'm not all the way caught up on Better Call Saul so correct me if I'm wrong but we still don't know exactly when he arrived in Omaha and what happened to him in between when he went underground in Albuquerque and when he started his new life. Did his handler take him straight from New Mexico to Nebraska or did he spend time elsewhere like a safe house or something in between?
I saw an interview with Bill Burr on Rich Eisen's show. Burr said that Vince Gilligan wanted him back for El Camino but that Burr couldn't do it because he was taking time off to be with a sick friend (sounded like the friend was dying, which is pretty sad). Anyway, my sense is that if the chronology will work out Gilligan will want everyone back.

EDIT: and I won't be surprised to see everyone back (including the dead) in flashbacks.

EDIT 2: I'm pretty jazzed for this.

• Useful
Reactions: FBFAN and Angie

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I saw an interview with Bill Burr on Rich Eisen's show. Burr said that Vince Gilligan wanted him back for El Camino but that Burr couldn't do it because he was taking time off to be with a sick friend (sounded like the friend was dying, which is pretty sad). Anyway, my sense is that if the chronology will work out Gilligan will want everyone back.

That's too bad. Bill Burr was part of one of the best episodes of the entire series - I forget the ep title but it was the train heist.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm excited for the movie, and in Gilligan I trust, but that trailer did nothing for me.

I dunno, maybe part of me thinks BB ended perfectly and should have been left that way.

Reactions: Angie

JD720

Jan 3, 2009

EDIT: and I won't be surprised to see everyone back (including the dead) in flashbacks.

EDIT 2: I'm pretty jazzed for this.

Jonathan Banks is in this movie, so that is a certainty (unless this is start of another Walking Dead spinoff). I think if we see Saul, it will be in a flashback.

My theory (and this is mostly a guess) is that the Gene scenes we've seen in BCS are taking place while Walt is in the cabin. At some point, Gene will see the news of what happened at the end of breaking bad, the scene will turn from black and white to color and the Saul story will finish post breaking bad.

Reactions: Angie

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'm super excited for this but I'm not really sure where this story goes. What is Jesse's purpose in life now? Nazi's are dead, Walt's dead, Mike's dead. I'm sure Gilligan's writing will blow everyone away anyways.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Jonathan Banks is in this movie, so that is a certainty (unless this is start of another Walking Dead spinoff). I think if we see Saul, it will be in a flashback.

My theory (and this is mostly a guess) is that the Gene scenes we've seen in BCS are taking place while Walt is in the cabin. At some point, Gene will see the news of what happened at the end of breaking bad, the scene will turn from black and white to color and the Saul story will finish post breaking bad.

I think you're exactly right. And the final season of BCS should be pretty intense considering Kim completely and totally leaves Jimmy's life. But at this point killing her off would seem like a let down so I doubt that's what they'll do.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Out on Netflix tomorrow! Excited to see where Vince Gilligan takes the story. I'm hoping for a relatively happy ending for Jesse Pinkman but I'm not sure it can happen. He presumably has the feds, the white supremacists (surely there were others besides the members killed in the final episode who knew about him), and maybe the Mexican drug cartel all after him. And all he has at his disposal are Badger and Skinny Pete. And maybe Ed the Disappearer from the vacuum repair store.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Out on Netflix tomorrow! Excited to see where Vince Gilligan takes the story. I'm hoping for a relatively happy ending for Jesse Pinkman but I'm not sure it can happen. He presumably has the feds, the white supremacists (surely there were others besides the members killed in the final episode who knew about him), and maybe the Mexican drug cartel all after him. And all he has at his disposal are Badger and Skinny Pete. And maybe Ed the Disappearer from the vacuum repair store.

And he has the ability to produce the blue...wonder if he stays in the business.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
And he has the ability to produce the blue...wonder if he stays in the business.

Oh man, that would suck. It would make sense, but yeah. For as hard as he's tried to get out that would be right up there with dying or going to prison as a worst case scenario.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Out on Netflix tomorrow! Excited to see where Vince Gilligan takes the story. I'm hoping for a relatively happy ending for Jesse Pinkman but I'm not sure it can happen.

He's got at least two murders on him I can think of. Not sure how that can end well.

Help Support Us

Become a patron