El Camino

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Umm, impossible. Todd is in the final shootout scene of BB and Jesse strangles him. Doubt Gilligan or the producers would be dumb enough to have an obvious time travel continuum glitch in the story.

Besides, it reinforced the PTSD aspect.
Well obviously but that’s not what the poster meant.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I liked the movie, it could have been zippier, but I think Jessie did deserve full closure like Walt got.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It was good. I was a bit concerned they might do something crazy but it was simple with solid acting and all made sense.

Can't wait for the Jesse/Dexter spinoff.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
This movie was not great. It was pretty boring.

I am not going to say boring, but it did not hit my expectation level at all. Such a huge opportunity for some great Mike, Walter, and Saul flashbacks. Let alone Gus. Great actors. Big fail to not have more of them in it.

Reactions: demoncore1031

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I am not going to say boring, but it did not hit my expectation level at all. Such a huge opportunity for some great Mike, Walter, and Saul flashbacks. Let alone Gus. Great actors. Big fail to not have more of them in it.
Well, they're already kind of doing that with Better Call Saul. This was more about learning what happened to Jessie, and I'm glad the audience got closure on that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Well, they're already kind of doing that with Better Call Saul. This was more about learning what happened to Jessie, and I'm glad the audience got closure on that.

Agreed. There's only so much you can stuff into a feature length movie. Personally I was pumped for a Huell cameo and that didn't happen. But this movie was never going to be a "where are they all now?" type of plot. It was about tying up loose ends for a character that didn't really get an end to his story in the BB series finale.

I didn't really care for the shootout; when did Jesse have time to become a quick draw artist and a marksman? But other than that it checked all the boxes for me.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Agreed. There's only so much you can stuff into a feature length movie. Personally I was pumped for a Huell cameo and that didn't happen. But this movie was never going to be a "where are they all now?" type of plot. It was about tying up loose ends for a character that didn't really get an end to his story in the BB series finale.

I didn't really care for the shootout; when did Jesse have time to become a quick draw artist and a marksman? But other than that it checked all the boxes for me.
You might want to watch that part again. He wasn't a quick draw artist and there were lots of shots fired and missed.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I already knew Walt and Saul were not going to be in the movie. Overheard Steven Michael Quezada (Agent Gomez) telling someone that a while back. But I still had high expectations for the movie and was somewhat disappointed. I have very low expectations for movies nowadays, but with Vince Gilligan writing and directing I expected more.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I stand corrected. Didn't even notice his hand in his coat pocket on the first viewing.

It was interesting though that shooting from his hip from a coat pocket he was a Dirty Harry dead eye.

Then later when he could actually aim he shot like Harry Dunne from dumb and dumber.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why would the cleaner risk exposing either of his clients like that?
I thought the cleaner would actually have to vanish himself because of a loose connection to Walt's isolation and phone call from the bar that brought him back. Basically sending Jessie off to recognition pergotary with Saul because he knew once Jessie walked into his shop that he also had to get out of town quick because it reaffirmed suspicious authorities.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Agree with most of the comments. It was okay, not great. As a Breaking Bad fan I am really glad they did it, but as a standalone movie it was good, not great.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031