Dual this week (WVU Friday 2/2)

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Nah, move it earlier. Clearly there’s momentum to do that and rightly so. I’m guessing they can get something done there and people will be thankful for it.
Some people will be thankful, and some probably won’t. I don’t have any idea what would make them think there is a large contingent either way.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Some people will be thankful, and some probably won’t. I don’t have any idea what would make them think there is a large contingent either way.
I know of one high school team that is bringing their whole team and planning an outing with lunch that day in Ames. It will ruin 15 kids plans for that day.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I know of one high school team that is bringing their whole team and planning an outing with lunch that day in Ames. It will ruin 15 kids plans for that day.
That sucks and I get that. What I’m saying is that you want the most people there possible. The Super Bowl will without a doubt cause people not go to the dual this year. Attendance will take a hit because of it. Thats a fact. So if you can make it have less of an impact, you do it if you can.

• Agree
Reactions: cy4state and wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
If the time stays as it is or only move up an hour I won't be going due to super bowl commitments. If they move it to noon I will be there.

Also...sorry for derailing the thread.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
That sucks and I get that. What I’m saying is that you want the most people there possible. The Super Bowl will without a doubt cause people not go to the dual this year. Attendance will take a hit because of it. Thats a fact. So if you can make it have less of an impact, you do it if you can.
It will end an hour and a half early. I think that impact will be minimal. Not sure what evidence makes you think otherwise.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It will end an hour and a half early. I think that impact will be minimal. Not sure what evidence makes you think otherwise.
What don’t you get? I get you’re the resident ass hole around here but you clearly don’t want to understand what everyone else obviously does. Maybe that’s a you problem bud.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I won't be able to make the dual if someone wants my tickets. I also have a Jr. Cyclone Club Membership if someone wants to use that.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I won't be able to make the dual if someone wants my tickets. I also have a Jr. Cyclone Club Membership if someone wants to use that.
My ticket is already going to be used but I have a couple JCC if anyone wants for Friday as well.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
What don’t you get? I get you’re the resident ass hole around here but you clearly don’t want to understand what everyone else obviously does. Maybe that’s a you problem bud.
I get it, people want to watch the Super Bowl. Just don’t think given the current timing it would have much of an impact on wrestling attendance. Probably less than 100 people that would were planning to go that won’t because 1.5 hours is not enough time to get home before the superbowl.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I get it, people want to watch the Super Bowl. Just don’t think given the current timing it would have much of an impact on wrestling attendance. Probably less than 100 people that would were planning to go that won’t because 1.5 hours is not enough time to get home before the superbowl.
I can account for 7 that would be going that won’t be now. It definitely matters to those driving a distance.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Perhaps somebody who cares about the topic of the time of the UNI meet should start another thread. It is a legitimate discussion and obviously of interest to lots of folks, but it doesn't belong in the WV thread. It deserves its own thread.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone