Drinking on the job.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well, at least he can fallback on his job as the caretaker at Hogwarts

knight_gordon.jpg

He looks like he took a big old bite of Frey pie - and only after then found out exactly what Frey pie was.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
We used to wrap beer cans with pepsi cans and bring them to lectures in Carver. Probably why it took us a couple extra classes to understand price elasticity.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I had him my first semester for an intro philosophy class. I thought he was a good teacher, and I enjoyed going to that class just to see what he would do. He would often get so excited he would have to run to put his face in the corner of the classroom as a way to settle down. He seemed like a good guy with a passion for philosophy, but he was definitely a little unstable.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
He's not a prof. He's a lecturer. No tenure. Even if he WAS tenured faculty, I suspect being drunk in a morning lecture is a termination offense.

Agree, but it was his 3rd? offense.

Interesting thing about his quoted salary of $50k. When I was in class, did I know who was a lecturer with $ salary vs prof who was $$$ salary? Always thought ISU needed more instructors and less profs.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Agree, but it was his 3rd? offense.

Interesting thing about his quoted salary of $50k. When I was in class, did I know who was a lecturer with $ salary vs prof who was $$$ salary? Always thought ISU needed more instructors and less profs.
From the article linked in the OP:
"Knight is a lecturer in philosophy and religion. This is his second public intoxication offense. He pleaded guilty to a first offense one year ago."

A charge for public intox on his own time outside the classroom might raise some red flags, but probably would not lead to immediate dismissal. IN the classroom, during a lecture, is an altogether different story.

Having a "Dr" in front of your name is no guarantee that you are tenured faculty. About the only way to determine if they are tenured is to know their complete title - if they are an Associate Professor or (full) Professor or University Professor or Professor Emeritus they are generally tenured. If they are an Assistant Professor they may or may not be in a tenure track position. If they are Adjunct Assistant Professor or lecturer they probably are NOT tenure track.
@CycloneErik can probably correct any errors I've made here. :)

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
It was a matter of time. Albeit a “I have a problem” card, may allow some legal support and who knows what else.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron