Devron Moore back in town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
The most annoying thing about message boards are people that pretend like winning isn't everything in major college football. Win...that's it. If Moore can help us win football games who the **** wouldn't want him back? Seriously, enough with this quitter this and quitter that crap..who cares? Win football games...that's it. Win.
Of course winning isn't everything. Don't be ridiculous.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The most annoying thing about message boards are people that pretend like winning isn't everything in major college football. Win...that's it. If Moore can help us win football games who the **** wouldn't want him back? Seriously, enough with this quitter this and quitter that crap..who cares? Win football games...that's it. Win.

Thanks. Alot of seriously idiotic posts in this thread.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I'm going with Francine
For some reason Francis popped in my head which led to this:
3nKvMeo.gif

lighten-up-francis-o.gif

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
....Changing homes, programs, and friends isn't easy for some players and the coaches probably didn't notice that he was having trouble....

Can happen very easily. Just ask Larry Bird and Bob Knight.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Do you feel that way about Brandon Jensen?

Second time I saw this kind of response. Not picking on you, but let's not pretend they quit the team for te same reasons.

Jensen left under what I would consider "honorable" reasons. Moore quit because he missed his mommy.

That said, I would welcome Moore back with that idea that he grew a pair and is 100% committed. I really don't want a guy who won't (not can't) play to his potential because he's preoccupied with day dreaming about being back home.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Second time I saw this kind of response. Not picking on you, but let's not pretend they quit the team for te same reasons.

Jensen left under what I would consider "honorable" reasons. Moore quit because he missed his mommy.

That said, I would welcome Moore back with that idea that he grew a pair and is 100% committed. I really don't want a guy who won't (not can't) play to his potential because he's preoccupied with day dreaming about being back home.

It was mentioned he had "homesickness". We have no idea whether he "missed his mommy". Maybe he has a girlfriend or a child. We have no idea. Bottom line is that he left and really is none of our damn business. It was his decision. IMO, he should have been more upfront and consulted with the coaches. Now it is between him and Coach Rhoads.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
What if Moore's better than the back-up even while Moore's preoccupied and day dreaming?

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE

At this point, judging from the mood about the upcoming season...we'll take anything to win.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

You have no idea why either left other than pure speculation. In fact, leaving your teammates hanging after you've been a starter at a position that is really thin, after 4 years in the program is a lot less honorable than someone who left after 2 months.

I'd love to see you tell Devron Moore he missed his mommy to his face, tough guy.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
You have no idea why either left other than pure speculation. In fact, leaving your teammates hanging after you've been a starter at a position that is really thin, after 4 years in the program is a lot less honorable than someone who left after 2 months.

I'd love to see you tell Devron Moore he missed his mommy to his face, tough guy.

When he left they still had Coe and Irving. Cousin was playing well and they were going after JUCOs. Wouldn't call that position really thin at the time.

Last edited:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
That would have been devastating if this news was from premo info....

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It was mentioned he had "homesickness". We have no idea whether he "missed his mommy". Maybe he has a girlfriend or a child. We have no idea. Bottom line is that he left and really is none of our damn business. It was his decision. IMO, he should have been more upfront and consulted with the coaches. Now it is between him and Coach Rhoads.
If it was on twitter and facebook, it then becomes our business....:rolleyes:

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Read the first 3 words of OP. It specifically says where he pulled it from.

It was from a member there and Not the Staff - that poster said he got it from his main FB guy whoever the hell that may be.
I come from the software business so try hard not to violate license agreements, confidentiality agreements, etc.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant

He left because he is homesick. No speculation needed.

I'd tell it to his face just like i'd tell it to yours, tough guy.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant

He's homesick, what difference does it make? According to the coaches, that is the reason. Let's not make it more than what it is. No speculation required. And if he wasn't up front to begin with, then good riddance either way because that tells me he lacks the intestinal fortitude to at least be honest.

This isn't some 18 year old fresh out of high school, so let's ditch the whole "there must be some other possible explanation" BS.

I'd love for this kid to prove me wrong and I'll happily eat crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron