Dejean Jones

Nazty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2014
So the more I thought about it, had the cops not over stepped their bounds and arrested Bryce for drug house which they didn't have probable cause to do, he would be playing. The noise just would have been a ticket and no arrest made, but because the cops made a false arrest, he has to sit out.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Something a little off-topic maybe, but I did not want to start yet another BDJ thread........

I totally agree with what Fred had to do......BDJ put him in a position where Fred had no other choice.

However, I'm not so sure it is a good idea that BDJ travel with the team to Iowa City. Seems to me it is just going to be a distraction for him, the coaches, and the team. Or is Fred doing it so BDJ can be subjected to the verbal abuse that Hawk fans will no doubt direct his way? Does Fred just want to show him firsthand the consequences of his actions on the team?

I don't know.....it just seems to me to be not such a good idea to have him any where near the team on this game.

Give me a break. It's a one game suspension for a noise violation. What precedent would there be for him NOT to travel with the team? If our guys can't handle that "distraction" than this is going to be a long season.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
So the more I thought about it, had the cops not over stepped their bounds and arrested Bryce for drug house which they didn't have probable cause to do, he would be playing. The noise just would have been a ticket and no arrest made, but because the cops made a false arrest, he has to sit out.
I don't think we know that for sure. From the news around this, Fred was fully aware of the noise problems before, and supposedly he and BDJ had agreed with the neighbor and police that the problem would end. Even if BDJ had just gotten a citation for this latest one....if Fred was called into it again. I think there is still a chance that BDJ may have been suspended, or at least kept from starting the next game, benched for a half......something. I think he was suspended because he broke his word to Fred as much as any other reason.

Nazty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2014
I don't think we know that for sure. From the news around this, Fred was fully aware of the noise problems before, and supposedly he and BDJ had agreed with the neighbor and police that the problem would end. Even if BDJ had just gotten a citation for this latest one....if Fred was called into it again. I think there is still a chance that BDJ may have been suspended, or at least kept from starting the next game, benched for a half......something. I think he was suspended because he broke his word to Fred as much as any other reason.

But it wouldn't have played out in the public nationally. Fred could have punished him in house, maybe limiting minutes and extra conditioning.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Ya pretty much, then the media ran with it like their jobs depended on it (which they do thankfully; traditional media probably has less than 10 years to "live"). KXNO was still reporting on their news break that BDJ was under arrest about 3 hours after the charges had been dismissed.

I'm not under any delusion that there was and is an issue here, however as an American I'm a little disappointed in the way people here and especially in the media have seemingly been putting this on par with Ebola in terms of the hype and hysterical coverage. The local media in Central Iowa is starved, and after getting a taste of the big time with the SEP threats/random shooting a few weeks ago they all have their tails up for the ratings march to the year end.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
But it wouldn't have played out in the public nationally. Fred could have punished him in house, maybe limiting minutes and extra conditioning.

Why do you assume that Hoiberg suspended BDJ simply because the story was publicized? Maybe Hoiberg suspended BDJ because BDJ blew off Hoiberg's warning to stop being an asshat neighbor.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Forgive me I havnt read the whole thread but how is this Matt White kid not letting this go? Is he continuing to try and get charges pressed or what?

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
I don't think we will, but I would love to hear Bryce's side of the story. As a basketball player for Iowa State Bryce HAS to be the better man and never put himself in these positions. But I guarantee there is another side to this story. I agree with another poster that Bryce needs to get out of this apartment NOW!. Does not seem like this Matt White kid is gonna let this go until he is off the team. And with only one side of the story out there, he can very well make up anything and Bryce is gonna be the bad guy. So yes Fred needs to remove him from this situation asap.

Any old farmers who live close to Ames whose nearest neighbors are a mile away and go south for the Winter? Perhaps Bryce could housesit for them until they come home in March.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron