Dejean Jones

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I orginally had some feeling for Matt White when his name first came out. I've had ****** neighbors before, even at my house, whenever I would be working on a project, the village would show up asking if I had permits and say a neighbor called and was worried about what I was doing to the nature center behind my house, even though I had already called the village and asked if I needed a permit for the project and wasn't even near the nature center.

It's not fun having bad neighbors, but if you are now going to grasp your 15 minutes and start blathering your beef with a neighbor, all over news outlets, it's obvious to me, this Matt guy was probably the ****** neighbor. Doesn't mean BDJ isn't at fault as well, but this seems to be more of a feud than anyone really causing that many problems.

I read the incident reports that one of the news outlets posted. Obviously there were a couple times that the cops had to step in, but it seems just as many, if not more times, they showed up and nothing was going on at all. It's too bad, I was initially on Matt's side, but he's gone from a quiet student, to the bitchy neighbor to me.

Yup, I am thinking this kid still wants to escalate this. He isn't content on getting his "quiet", this is something else. He wants people punished and he wants BDJ off the team. This is not about his "quiet" anymore, if it ever was.

Now he has this set up to the point where he can force a confrontation and get the guys arrested for popping him in the nose. This is way weird. I think Fred needs to get these guys moved ASAP because there is something odd going on here and I don't think this vindictive little media ***** is going to let this go off into that good night.

BTW, wonder if he picked up the trash or just stepped over it. A clever vindictive neighbor would have checked that priority mail box for the address and possible source of the trash and than forwarded that information to the Department of Homeland Security. Nader is a native born Egyptian you know and we have those other foreigners like Naz and Tsalmpouris to! Sounds like a sleeper cell! Please save us Mr. Smith!

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Yup, I am thinking this kid still wants to escalate this. He isn't content on getting his "quiet", this is something else. He wants people punished and he wants BDJ off the team. This is not about his "quiet" anymore, if it ever was.

Now he has this set up to the point where he can force a confrontation and get the guys arrested for popping him in the nose. This is way weird. I think Fred needs to get these guys moved ASAP because there is something odd going on here and I don't think this vindictive little media ***** is going to let this go off into that good night.

BTW, wonder if he picked up the trash or just stepped over it. A clever vindictive neighbor would have checked that priority mail box for the address and possible source of the trash and than forwarded that information to the Department of Homeland Security. Nader is a native born Egyptian you know and we have those other foreigners like Naz and Tsalmpouris to! Sounds like a sleeper cell! Please save us Mr. Smith!

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Dingus

May 23, 2013
So this thread shouldn't even still exist, but it does, so...

Why the hell is BDJ in manacles in the pictures? Do the Ames PD really put guys arrested over noise complaints and a joint into manacles?? That's pretty f'd up.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Why the hell is BDJ in manacles in the pictures? Do the Ames PD really put guys arrested over noise complaints and a joint into manacles?? That's pretty f'd up.
Manacles? Was BDJ arrested in 18th century England?

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames

Was thinking the same thing. I fiend of mine got busted for weed. No manacles. A ticket and a farewell.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
(2/2) ... Judge had ruled there was no probable cause for that charge yesterday. So only the noise-related citations will remain.
0 replies0 retweets0 favorites Reply
Retweet
Favorite
More

ROB GRAY @ROBWGRAY · 4m4 minutes ago

Per commander Geoff Huff, Ames Police have decided not to re-file the marjiuana-related charge against Bryce Dejean-Jones. ... (1/2)
0 replies1 retweet0 favorites Reply
Retweet1
Favorite
More

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Manacles? Was BDJ arrested in 18th century England?

Well, he was essentially arrested for being a ****** neighbor, so...

I get the 'it's the law' argument, but it's hard for me to get too worked up over marijuana as I can drive down the road and buy it legally at a store if I want.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Handcuffs are routine procedure for arrests, but taking a photo and releasing it to the media is not. It would have been too early in the process for the press to have sent anyone there, let alone the police allowing the press to do that.

The choice to put his photo in the paper is more sensationalism than journalism. Don't recall them putting similar photos up when it involved the arrest of an Iowa player.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Hate your neighbors?
Tired of always getting the cops called on you?
Want to get out of your cramped apartment and into a nice little ranch home, where you can start building some equity?

Try Mark Charter - www.markcharter.com

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Hate your neighbors?
Tired of always getting the cops called on you?
Want to get out of your cramped apartment and into a nice little ranch home, where you can start building some equity?

Try Mark Charter - www.markcharter.com

I love that pictures of trash in the hallway of a college apartment make the news. They should send out reporters to every apartment complex in Ames on a Saturday morning. I could give them some really hot leads!

Oh, Iowa, I miss you sometimes.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Handcuffs are routine procedure for arrests, but taking a photo and releasing it to the media is not. It would have been too early in the process for the press to have sent anyone there, let alone the police allowing the press to do that.

The choice to put his photo in the paper is more sensationalism than journalism. Don't recall them putting similar photos up when it involved the arrest of an Iowa player.

I think its a main reason he got suspended. If it was just another noise complaint, he'd get his butt chewed and have to run, maybe have his minutes cut or miss a start. Once he's shown in cuffs all over the media it was already decided.

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
I don't think we will, but I would love to hear Bryce's side of the story. As a basketball player for Iowa State Bryce HAS to be the better man and never put himself in these positions. But I guarantee there is another side to this story. I agree with another poster that Bryce needs to get out of this apartment NOW!. Does not seem like this Matt White kid is gonna let this go until he is off the team. And with only one side of the story out there, he can very well make up anything and Bryce is gonna be the bad guy. So yes Fred needs to remove him from this situation asap.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Something a little off-topic maybe, but I did not want to start yet another BDJ thread........

I totally agree with what Fred had to do......BDJ put him in a position where Fred had no other choice.

However, I'm not so sure it is a good idea that BDJ travel with the team to Iowa City. Seems to me it is just going to be a distraction for him, the coaches, and the team. Or is Fred doing it so BDJ can be subjected to the verbal abuse that Hawk fans will no doubt direct his way? Does Fred just want to show him firsthand the consequences of his actions on the team?

I don't know.....it just seems to me to be not such a good idea to have him any where near the team on this game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron