Daily Article on Uniforms

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
i'm the designer he references in the article and this is the image i gave him and the author isn't sure why it's not on the website but is working on getting it up.

cjxfF.jpg

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
I hate screwing around with our look. It's part of the brand that ISU is building and our current home look has been seen around the country after the OSU game.

HOWEVER this is a SICK concept jersey! I'll buy two! Amazing way to honor the past with a current look.

It would just be for a throwback game. No one would want that as the regular uniform.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Would be great to see this uni worn once a year to honor Jack Trice, but would they be NCAA legal without the player's number on the front of the jersey?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Would be great to see this uni worn once a year to honor Jack Trice, but would they be NCAA legal without the player's number on the front of the jersey?

The number is there, just small.

I think Michigan's throwbacks last season had a small number like that ... wouldn't be a problem, esp. for single-game use, if both teams agreed. (I'm guessing)

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
OK. I was thinking 29 was Jack Trice's number and all uni's would have it. Didn't realize 29 was just a random number picked.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I hate screwing around with our look. It's part of the brand that ISU is building and our current home look has been seen around the country after the OSU game.HOWEVER this is a SICK concept jersey! I'll buy two! Amazing way to honor the past with a current look.
It would just be for a throwback game. No one would want that as the regular uniform.

Obviously a one off look. We had a single game look against iowa a few years back.....fire up another one.

There is a precedent for single game uniforms and this is a heck of a lot better than those gold numbers a couple of years back.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Would the NCAA allow it? Even for a one-time deal? Didn't they just come out with a new rule about how big numbers had to be and the % of a jersey that had to be the same color? Or is that just HS?

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Would definitely buy one if they auctioned them off after the game. That would be a good way to pay for the uniforms. Maybe even make a little profit.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Would the NCAA allow it? Even for a one-time deal? Didn't they just come out with a new rule about how big numbers had to be and the % of a jersey that had to be the same color? Or is that just HS?

I believe it's just high school.
But remember Michigan's throwback last year?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
my biggest fear is finding McDermott inside JP's dreams...attempting push the thought process that he actually did something worthwhile in Ames.

Dream McDermott would then need to be shot in the head.

(I said Dream McDermott people!)

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
funny thing is...wherever dream McDermott is......KG Cyclone is as well spreading dream propaganda.

No worries.

I took out dream KG Cyclone a while ago when I was planting a picture of Hoiberg in JPs head a few years ago.