CYCLONES.tv Problems Thread

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Picture is mostly fine, but the sound keeps repeating like a bad stutter.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I was extremely pleased with Cyclones.tv. Great picture and any flaws there might've been were extremely minor in nature. Also loved the option of a weekend package. Definitely will not hesitate to use it again when needed.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
So I had an unplanned situation yesterday. My oldest daughter and I were 3 steps from the door from leaving to head to Ames when my phone rang. It was my wife telling me they my father in law has a medical issue while traveling home from northern Minnesota and was in the St. Cloud hospital. So instead on going to Ames, the whole family loaded up and drove to St. Cloud. I used my Cyclones.tv account to listen to the game in the car and watch the game once we hooked to Wi-Fi at the hotel. The radio broadcast and video worked good but the sound was very low, even with everything cranked. The CF pre-game on iHeart did not have that issue.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It went great for me for the most part. The video feed stalled out a few times, but the audio would keep going so I didnt miss anything. A few minor complaints about the camera work a few times, but overall, it was great!

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
My only minor complaint was having to watch the stupid 30 second commercial at the beginning of the stream every time I connected. It's paid content. **** your sports cup whatever commercial. I missed a TD because of it.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Great announcers tonite Lottsa good critique for ISU. Hope the coaches LISTEN as well as watch the film.

I know for a fact they have it recorded but the coaches will never watch this version. They have their own video guys recording it that they use.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
(In Chicago... ATT UVerse on Chrome) Plays alright and the game is watchable for the most part, but every few minutes it will skip back a second, then skip back again and then continue to play. Definitely an issue on the Cyclones.tv end, but like I said, it's not making it unwatchable.

At the gamewatch we started calling it "live replay". At least the audio didn't skip so we knew what was happening. The continuing couple second time warps back were annoying but didn't make it unwatchable. Plus we were winning so everyone was in a good mood after the two interceptions. Might have had a different reaction to the feed issues if we had been losing late in the game.

The bar management was streaming it via their laptop to feed their big screens. Picture was mostly HD with a few moments of "standard" but it restored quickly. Sound was good throughout. Anyway, hardly flawless but acceptable to the 50-60 fans that showed up and a relief to me as "host".

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I was at the game but my wife watched it on our Roku Stick at home with no issues. She wished they had shown more of the pregame as well. I wonder if there is a way to send feedback to them?

kcbob79clone

Should have added Windows 10 with Firefox browser with a connection that had about 5mb/sec speedtest. Really liked the weekend option too

I was totally impressed with the feed. Had only a couple of pixelations and those were during commercials and had a jumpy voice also during the Toyota commercial. Other than that, flawless!!

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The feed I had on Roku was great, minus very minimal pausing once in a while, but no complaints there. So in terms of that, great progress. Unfortunately, the production level still has room for a big jump. I thought Sage and Brent were great, but I have an obvious bias towards them. Everything else was questionable. I remember missing a Lazard reception while they showed the other QB on the sideline. The replays were either missing or late which led to missing part of the next play. Obviously they don't do this as often as ESPN or FoxSports and it shows.