Cyclone State Postgame Thread!!

CyRodestr

Jul 7, 2009
One of our units looks excellent, and one only looked great for a half. We're 2-0 and look to have better high-end potential on both offense and defense that we have had in years.

15 years ago, we had just endured a 0-15 stretch against Iowa. The last 15 years, we have won 9, including a game today, believe it or not. God bless Dan McCarney, God bless Paul Rhoads, and God bless Jake Knott!!

Well said my friend!!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
He has a nagging injury. Won't need to play next week and then we have a bye week so should be good to go in 3 weeks I would think

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
ISU didn't play well but it shows that ISU is better than Iowa. The future is bright and ISU has the upper hand.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Holy crap guys! A win is a win. Who cares if it was ugly.

We took the opening kick off and drove it righht down the field for a TD.

Our defense played awesome all game. There were effing spectacular in the red zone.

Our offense did enough to allow Kirby to pin the hawks inside their own 20 on 5 out of 6 punts. That is huge for the defense and Iowa had a lot of trouble when they had to go down the whole field.

The redzone turnovers sucked but Iowas defense has always been stout in the redzone and mistakes can be corrected in both play and playcalling.

Steele looked really good for most of the game. There were other situations where he could have forced it and he didn't which is progress.

Iowas defense stepped the eff up, especially in the second half. They shut down the run and forced Steele to pass which was tough.

Overall I am really proud of ISU in this game. There were a TON of opportunities for them to blow it. Iowa's MO for years has been to hang around all game and win it in the end. ISU (Jake Knott in particular) didn't let that happen.

Not every win is going to be an offensive clinic. Sometimes you have to win ugly but all that matters is they won.

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
1st and goal from the 3 and we can't just go right at them. Woody cannot be healthy, because all we needed were three up the guts on that series and it's over right there. At the very least, get the RB going and let Steele have a few shots on keepers. Depressing we can't just go up the middle with some confidence there. This is what I gripe about is that Snyder and K-State come away with 10-21 more points than us in the same spots because they do NOT kill themselves. This game should not have been close.

We have to add the QB lining up under center and running the ball up the middle. It takes away the chance of a negative play. If you don't lose yardage, the odds of scoring from the 2 go way up.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We have to add the QB lining up under center and running the ball up the middle. It takes away the chance of a negative play. If you don't lose yardage, the odds of scoring from the 2 go way up.

I don't think we really need to add it. Without putting another element on our players, we can just run a quick hitting QB power out of the gun with simple man-on-man blocking. We have a 225 lb QB that can stick it in the end zone. It's really the slow-developing blocking schemes that are more of the problem rather than the gun/under center deal.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Lots of love for Knott, and rightfully so, but Jake McDonough was a man today. I was getting Carstens/Leaders flashbacks.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Man, watching the game on BTN was torturous. Chuck Long is beyond ridiculous. Thank goodness I don't have to watch anymore BTN this year.

Jeffwork

Mar 9, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
gotta say I wasn't that thrilled because we should have spanked them bad. However. after going back and forth with Hawk fans I have to say a win is a win and we could be them - LOSERS!! remember last week how they said a win is a win? well, that's the end game and we friggin' won. We did so many good things, just stop shooting ourselves in the foot and we'll be okay

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
But my Facebook friends say its still a Hawkeye state no matter what the scoreboard says. I'm confused.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Has this been posted yet? I didn't see it.

Cyclones Celebrate Cy-Hawk Win - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

I think my room got a little dusty when Rhoads pulled in Knott and Lenz after watching everyone else go by. Two kids who Iowa passed on and now as seniors they get the final word in Kinnick. Great moment.

And this posted by Lenz on Twitter:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Josh Lenz@Josh_Lenz
Just a couple Iowa boys that dreamt of this moment since we were kids @jknott20 #IowaBoys #CyclonesForLifehttp://instagr.am/p/PVZrATq9mB/

[/FONT]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron