Cyclone Hazy IPA

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
I'm curious how the swarm sales inside Kinnick will go. Theoretically it's a great symbiotic relationship that benefits both the university (their share of stadium beer sales) and the players (their share of the wholesale beer sale).

I wonder if ISU could make only the 4 ISU related beers available stadium wide and the rest of the beer options available in the premium seating sections.
Selling that in stadium is one of the smartest things they’ve done with the beer.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I'm glad they're all a different type of beer so that's nice. We're kind of in the wild west of all this craziness right now. I would guess in a year or two the best will rise to the top so we only have one or two beers to keep track of, cuz ya know, we all went to old ISU we didnt study rocket appliances

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
All right Cyclone fans, I know its a REALLY BIG number, but I found just the guy to help us out!

number-of.gif

Last edited:

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I know it's Back pocket, I was just saying I hope the Cy-Hazy IPA tastes like Big Grove's Easy Eddy, as that is one of my favorite IPAs---and is also a hazy style IPA
That would be fantastic! I don't see it happening though because it's a much different arrangement of hops and Backpocket isn't nearly as good/consistent with their hazys.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Please reply to this post if you would be interested in an Iowa State affiliated, similar to, but better than Bud or Busch Light, light beer made in Iowa that would allow you to contribute a portion of the proceeds to We Will and identify the amount you contributed (only if you cared to).

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm one of the population that thinks IPA tastes like hop bitter soap.
Just my tastebuds lol.
I hate most IPAs and I am convinced that most people just pretend they like them or their taste buds are scorched off.
Oh we don't pretend, we actually have scorched off our taste buds. :jimlad:

I could drink straight vinegar and it wouldn't bother me much anymore.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
? Ames lager?
Ames Lager is not a Light Beer. Ames Lager is a LIGHTER beer than many other local beers and Ales, but it is not a Light Beer. I mean an actual light beer with the features of a Bud or Busch Light with a better experience produced by a company in Iowa.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If there is anyone that likes craft beer and lives near Johnston, I'd highly recommend joining their mug club next year. They didn't promise every week but so far this year they've offered a free new beer every week in their 20oz mug. I paid $100, get to keep the cool mug, and will get at least $400 worth of beer. Some of the beer has been just average but a lot if it has been really good. In addition, when you buy a beer they serve it in the 20oz mug. So I drank some 13% stouts for $6 in a 20oz.