Cyclone Hazy IPA

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
It's starting to become a little strange to me how the AD is all in on alcohol endorsement and fund raising yet no full sales at our venues.
Got to have a reason to sell those sukup end zone tickets at a premium price otherwise end zone tickets aren’t the greatest view

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Hey give the guy a break, that's only been posted here (and twitter) about 50 times within the past couple weeks, how was he supposed to know??
I honestly don't understand how someone could be on cyclone fanatic, follow Iowa State athletics, or be a person that generally likes beer and not have heard this information yet.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
So Backpocket is going to be making two officially licensed beers now, Clonefest & Cyclone Hazy IPA?

I can't keep up, too many beers & liquors jumping into college sports NIL and brand licensing.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
ISU fans trying to keep track of 4 different beers and a vodka...

giphy.webp

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
So Backpocket is going to be making two officially licensed beers now, Clonefest & Cyclone Hazy IPA?

I can't keep up, too many beers & liquors jumping into college sports NIL and brand licensing.
Clonefest has been in production for 3-4 years now I believe, but this is the first time they partnered with Iowa State for licensing. They've made a Hawktoberfest for about the same amount of time, which I actually have liked better, though will not be buying anymore due to where the money goes.

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
That will die down after they all get their can for their collection and go back to Bud Light

A beer store I follow in CR (craft beer) just put their cans on sale for $9 per 4-pack. Are those pint cans? I dunno. That's cheaper than bottled water.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I'm usually not impressed with Backpocket NEIPAs, but maybe even they cannot screw this up with a hop bill that mainstream (awesome). I'll definitely have a few as soon as I can find them.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
I’m not sure I’ve ever had a soapy tasting IPA and I’ve had a lot of them.
I'm one of the population that thinks IPA tastes like hop bitter soap.
Just my tastebuds lol.
I hate most IPAs and I am convinced that most people just pretend they like them or their taste buds are scorched off.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Beer sales don't make that much money. It's more about enhancing the fan experience and getting butts in the seats. And JP has been pretty up front about leveraging alcohol sales for premium seating. I don't necessarily agree with that strategy completely, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who join the end zone club primarily because you can get beer there.

I'm curious how the swarm sales inside Kinnick will go. Theoretically it's a great symbiotic relationship that benefits both the university (their share of stadium beer sales) and the players (their share of the wholesale beer sale).

I wonder if ISU could make only the 4 ISU related beers available stadium wide and the rest of the beer options available in the premium seating sections.

Help Support Us

Become a patron