CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't mind watching the divas jump around in what is basically bikinis.

I did get to watch Jesse Ventura live in the second row one time. Looking back, it was pretty bad.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I needed to clear my mind of heavy stuff and basketball, so I decided to do this podcast with a buddy of mine about the current state of pro wrestling. Obviously not for everybody but those interested, I hope you enjoy.

The Wrestling world is on fire again C-Dub. Not to the level of the late 90's but it's the closest it's ever been. The working relationship AEW, Impact, ROH, New Japan, and GCW has is amazing. The Indy scene especially anything Matt Cardona is doing everywhere is must see stuff. WWE at least for me has lost its luster compared to the group I mentioned before just because there is so much talent trading between those other 5. I got out of watching Wrestling for about 10 or so years but I'm hard back into it. The Reigns vs Lesnar feud is damn good too.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Enjoyed the pod Chris. I also am a fan that fell off but kinda still follow along with some of the storylines and watch AEW from time to time.

After listening to the podcast, I think you'd really enjoy this YouTube video. One of my favorites vids of all time.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If AEW had WWEs money, professional wrestling would be back. The storylines and wrestlers are fun. Production is an absolute dumpster fire.

Vince selling his soul to make his product PG and filling a roster with 50 C- talent instead of 10 A talent has killed WWE.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Enjoyed the pod Chris. I also am a fan that fell off but kinda still follow along with some of the storylines and watch AEW from time to time.

After listening to the podcast, I think you'd really enjoy this YouTube video. One of my favorites vids of all time.

I watched this I think one other time you posted it. That is completely next-level stuff.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
AEW owns, WWE sucks is pretty much all the takes i got on this. New japan should be fun once crowds are allowed to make noise and different wrestlers can show up

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I started watching again after a break last night when I heard rumors of Stone Cold is going to do some stuff. That is what I need. Stone Cold don't need to wrestle. He just needs some story lines where he can do mic work and do a stunner on a few people every once in a while.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
80s wrestling fan here. I stopped watching around '91 for various reasons. I got the Peacock Network and re-watched some of the old PPVs and Saturday Nights Main Event's. This got me curious about what wrestling is like today. I tuned in on a Monday night and could only last for a couple minutes of a match. What is up with the camera zooming in and zooming out so quickly? It was really awful TV.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
76 year old Vince is apparently going to take bumps at Wrestlemania, not the greatest argument for "young talent".

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Randomly caught the 3 way tag team title match last night. It was a blast.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
80s wrestling fan here. I stopped watching around '91 for various reasons. I got the Peacock Network and re-watched some of the old PPVs and Saturday Nights Main Event's. This got me curious about what wrestling is like today. I tuned in on a Monday night and could only last for a couple minutes of a match. What is up with the camera zooming in and zooming out so quickly? It was really awful TV.

One thing that has really declined since the attitude era in WWE is the announcing. I’ll take a 25% JR over a 100% Michael Cole every day of the week.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I watched a fair amount in the late 90s since I had some college buddies that loved it. I will have to admit that for a year or so it was kind of fun to watch, but it didn't take long and it was just cycling in different guys to do the same thing and play the same roles.

Was at the gym Friday night, and there was some wrestling on. Brock Lesnar and a guy that looks like he's the current star and champ. I had no sound, but it was not needed. Everything was exactly the same as it was back in the late 90s all the way down to the idiotic facial expressions. Good to see "smiles sinisterly" and "look of shock" have remained in the script after all these years apparently with the same acting coaches.

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
One thing that has really declined since the attitude era in WWE is the announcing. I’ll take a 25% JR over a 100% Michael Cole every day of the week.
I have fond memories of WWE televising what would be 1st degree murder with a sledgehammer or burying someone alive while JR screams "Oh MY GOD!" and "WHAT THE HELL?"

Reactions: CtownCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron