Freel's a little bat**** crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
As much as I love Fontenot, I am sick of a 5 foot midget playing 3B when Aramis is hurt. So, I would be all for this.

Fontenot is outperforming DLee, Bradley, and several others on the team. I don't want him gone at all. I could care less if the guy is 3' tall if he puts up numbers.

Reactions: CycloneErik

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
They wouldn't have this problem if they would have signed Nomar instead of Miles. Nomar can play every infield position and still hits.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Can Freel play the middle infield? If so does that mean we can get rid of Gathright and Miles? Not a fan of either

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I wish they would have just kept Derosa. Since that ship sailed I think depending on what they would have to give up he may be worth it as long as they get rid of Miles in the process

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I didn't hate that they gave up DeRosa. He will never repeat the kind of year he has last year. The part I hated was replacing him Aaron Miles. When Aramis is hurt, we seriously have the shortest infield in the history of infields.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Ryan Freel is a bad guy.

The Cubs need to stand pat and weather the storm. May is not the time to get jumpy about the state of the team. Ramirez is back in the lineup.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Ryan Freel is a bad guy.

The Cubs need to stand pat and weather the storm. May is not the time to get jumpy about the state of the team. Ramirez is back in the lineup.

What makes Freel a bad guy? I'm curious, not trying to be a smart ***.

Oniowa

Apr 26, 2009
Iowa City, Iowa
I didn't hate that they gave up DeRosa. He will never repeat the kind of year he has last year. The part I hated was replacing him Aaron Miles. When Aramis is hurt, we seriously have the shortest infield in the history of infields.
I agree I don't think he will ever have that kind of offensive year again, but it is tough to trade someone that can play just about every position and play it well

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
As a Reds fan, I know quite a bit about Freel. He was one of my favorite players while with Cincinnati just because of his flat out 100% hustle all the time. The dude dives for everything and is not afraid to crash into a wall. He can play pretty much every position on the field, too. Wouldn't be a bad pickup, but I would be disgusted to see him in a Cubs jersey.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Freel isn't hitting well yet this year, but that may be due to lack of plate apearances and injury. If they can get him straight up for Gathright or Fox (which I have heard rumors of either) then there is no reason not to get him except for salary. It pushes Miles into the backup SS role and provides a good utilty man for the IF and OF.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008

I know it's early in the season but DeRosa is on pace to surpass his #'s from last year. I believe he has 6 hr's already and is hitting in the high .200's.

He is one of the better utility guys in the majors right now.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I like this move. Freel had some pretty good years in Cincy, plays good defense and can play infield and outfiel. He had 3 straight years of 36+ steals until he got hurt last year. Not a bad option as a backup utility player and Gaithright is no loss.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron