Cryptocurrency

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Remember that those invested in cryptocurrency have to convince the public that it is not a scam. Otherwise their investment is worthless. Anyone invest in Beanie Babies? Fake market scammed lots.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The treatment SBF has received from mainstream media has been awful. In some ways SBF is a far worse offender than Madoff ever was. The media has been extremely passive and even sympathetic at times to SBF. Best not to bite the hand that feeds I guess.

Wonder if a lot of this is that the media doesn't understand what's going on or they don't think their viewers understand what went wrong. It's easy to describe what Madoff did to scam people as most of society understand the basics of how the market work. So it's easy to show what he did and why he's a bad guy. For SBF, it's still in a relatively unknown technology that's confusing to a large portion of the viewers. So to get into why he's a bad guy is tougher and why they avoid it.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I get th
The treatment SBF has received from mainstream media has been awful.
The media treatment has been unfavorable? Or inadequate?
In some ways SBF is a far worse offender than Madoff ever was. The media has been extremely passive and even sympathetic at times to SBF. Best not to bite the hand that feeds I guess.
Ah, the old generalization about "the media" and their complicity in some undefined conspiracy. Got it.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Remember that those invested in cryptocurrency have to convince the public that it is not a scam. Otherwise their investment is worthless. Anyone invest in Beanie Babies? Fake market scammed lots.
Comparing actual currency to Beanie Babies.... we should all take investment advice from you. One clear statement before you try and defend yourself.

A person can walk into many places, or online, and actually trade Bitcoin for a product. I don't recall ever walking into Audi and trading my Beanie Babies for a fully loaded R8.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
God forbid that he be anything other than one-dimension: deplorable. No surprise that you would be butt-hurt over the NYT failure to adopt your specific point of view.

You obviously haven't been reading the NYT accounts of his fraudulent activity, and you said you don't subscribe. So stop talking about something you know little about. Like any good right-winger, you embrace ignorance and want to be mad about nothing.

Whatever. I'm done replying to your stupidity.

He has to be all in on Crypto, no way he is believing the **** he is saying if it wasn't the case. He is desperate for it too come through.

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
God forbid that he be anything other than one-dimension: deplorable. No surprise that you would be butt-hurt over the NYT failure to adopt your specific point of view.

You obviously haven't been reading the NYT accounts of his fraudulent activity, archiving an article from six weeks ago without acknowledging the many on this topic between then and now. You said you don't subscribe. I do. So stop talking about something you know little about. Like any good right-winger, you embrace ignorance and want to be mad about nothing.

Whatever. I'm done replying to your stupidity.

LOL!!! This is no other point of view, he is a crook. You are akin to the Trumper trying to defend 1/6. There is only one viable angle here.

It's not just the NYT. It's been pretty bad everywhere. That was the article that prompted the initial criticism so I thought it was the best one to link.

Mad about nothing? I won't stoop to your levels of name-calling or generalization. But, this is certainly not nothing. The dude stole billions.

I'm still waiting for your critique of the article I responded with in post #2100. It best summarizes the bull case for btc.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006