Cryptocurrency

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
If anyone does “invest” realize it isn’t really investing. It is gambling. There is nothing backing it up and it will crash. I’ve seen it compared to the dotcom bubble but at least there was something backing it up. It just happened people didn’t understand how to properly value that thing. I think it might be cool to put some money into it because the reward could be huge. The issue is the risk is super high as well.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
If anyone does “invest” realize it isn’t really investing. It is gambling. There is nothing backing it up and it will crash. I’ve seen it compared to the dotcom bubble but at least there was something backing it up. It just happened people didn’t understand how to properly value that thing. I think it might be cool to put some money into it because the reward could be huge. The issue is the risk is super high as well.
How is the stock market any different?

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Over $35,000,000,000 were spent on cryptocurrencies in the past 24 hours.... 14% of the market cap ,crazy.

Ripple went up from 42 cents yesterday to 70 cents today. No doubt that it will crash back down

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't understand humans... They will rush out to buy something they don't know anything about only because the price has doubled and doubled again. Three years ago I could have stood out on the street and tried giving away these coins and probably would only have been yelled it. Would go something like this.

I love how after these people choose candy with less than $1 of value over a roughly $150 in precious metals he mocks them by telling them that they are winners. They don't even get that the joke is on them.

In high school while we were learning about stocks our teacher told us the story of how he had someone practically begging him to buy some shares of a new RV company in Forest City, Iowa. Our teacher thought he was crazy at the time. Really, a place building campers in rural Iowa? But if he had jumped in on Winnebago he would have at that point realized some ridiculous return like 10,000%.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
How is the stock market any different?
This proves you have no business spending your money on this. Sure there is a fair bit of gambling with the stock market but there is something of real value backing it up. In the stock market you are trying to value the real world assets of a company. There is something there.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I love how after these people choose candy with less than $1 of value over a roughly $150 in precious metals he mocks them by telling them that they are winners. They don't even get that the joke is on them.

In high school while we were learning about stocks our teacher told us the story of how he had someone practically begging him to buy some shares of a new RV company in Forest City, Iowa. Our teacher thought he was crazy at the time. Really, a place building campers in rural Iowa? But if he had jumped in on Winnebago he would have at that point realized some ridiculous return like 10,000%.

In all fairness, I understand the value of Precious Metals and Candy bars. But if some dude (especially Mark Dice) was on the street corner offering me something, I'd decline. Though I wouldn't eat the candy bar from him, either, I suppose
vauEUgn.gif

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
I would say that there is an accepted value for currencies, backing has little to do with it. Adoption, supply/demand and decentralization are the key. Besides the investment in mining hardware, the investment in exchanges and personal, there is widespread adoption of crypto-currinces.
Trying to compare it to the Dotcom bubble or the tulip bubble doesn't really hold water. The theory of large numbers(mass adoption) and the decentralized nature(as long as there is still one computer with the blockchain stored it cant be lost) prevent the kind bursting we have seen in the past.
I will say that I do agree it's more gambling then the stock market and you should only put in what you are willing to lose. Also bitcoin isn't the future of crypto's, to slow of transaction speed and to slow new tech adoption is making it fall behind Ethereum.

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
I've been thinking of doing this. Everyone tells me something different. I was thinking about buying like $400 of Litecoin. Bad move?
It is a good first buy! Litecoin is essentially Bitcoin 2.0, similar code structure but due to its smaller community it has faster new tech adoption and faster transaction time. (BTC processes every 10 min, LTC processes transactions every 2 min)

Reactions: deadeyededric

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

That one was particularly funny as the one lady asked the only relevant question, the guy was shocked... "Is it real?". Then he realized she wanted to know if the candy bar was real. :D

You have to understand money and value before you can invest. If you are buying something, or picking a free item, you have to know the values before you buy. If not, then you are just gambling.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
Today was a crazy day. Bitcoin cash was a roller coaster after being released on coinbase. 3,000 to 8,000 to 3,000 in half an hour.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron